Chapter 2

Ali's POV

It's been half an hour since I began to walk, and there is no stores that are hiring to be seen. Sydney is so different from New York. Everyone even drives on the other side of the road.

As I'm about to head home I see a store that catches my eye. It's a music shop. It's one of the stores that is cramped against other stores. It has windows all across the front so you can see what they're selling. I see CD's, DVD's, albums, and instruments. The instruments catch my eye the most. One in particular. It's a guitar. I haven't played in so long yet I feel an urge to go in and play. So just like that I'm in front of the store. Without even thinking twice I opened the door to be greeted with the smell of Febreze and sweat.

I walk around the unfamiliar store, and grab a Dreadnought Style Guitar. I sit on an old, wooden stool and start to play my old favorite. When You See My Friends by Mayday Parade. Without realizing I start to sing, and get lost in the music. I hear footsteps coming to me, but I don't bother looking up at the person.

I finish the song and look up surprised to see the person standing in front of me. He wears his blonde hair in a quiff. He has on a plain white T-Shirt and black jeans. The white T-Shirt complemented his muscular figure which I found pretty hot. His eyes are a gorgeous blue that appeared to be dazzled. I see that he has a name tag that reads "Luke." I must admit he is pretty damn gorgeous.

"You have to work here." He mumbles.

"Me?" I ask confusingly.

"Yes you! You're amazing."

This guy is crazy. Hot. But crazy.

"I'm not the kind of girl you'd think is amazing."

"Well you are. You're really good at guitar, and singing."

Yep. Crazy.

"Do you need a job?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say putting the guitar back.

"Wait here." the boy says extending his arm and pointing to me while walking away and disappears behind the shelves. I sit back down on the stool.

----

I been waiting for a while now. I'm getting pretty tired. I almost fell asleep on the stool. I stand up and walk over to the albums to see what kind of music they have. At first all I see is Ariana Grande and Lloyd (which is not my kind of music) but then I hit the mother lode. I see one of my favorite albums. A Lesson in Romantics by Mayday Parade. I absolutely love them. I then see All Time Low's album Don't Panic. Then I see Fashionably Late by Falling in Reverse. Damn, this store has good taste. I hear pacing coming toward me so I look up. It's the guy from earlier and a rather short and chubby man is coming toward me. I walk toward them too so I can save the poor man a few steps. It looks like he's having trouble moving.

"So you have talent?" the chubby man asks inspecting me head to toe. The tone of his voice makes it sound like he can't believe it.

"You can say that." I say inspecting him head to toe as well.

"Show me." he says challenging me. He walks away and I raise my eyebrow. Luke mouths to me "Follow." I nod my head and start to follow the chubby man who has to wobble to the destination. He then stops at the guitar I used a while ago and gives it to me. I grab it from him and sit on the stool from earlier.

I start to play Somewhere in Neverland by All Time Low. I look up and see the chubby man nodding approvingly. I then look at Luke and he mouths something to me again. "Sing!"

I look down back at the guitar and close my eyes. Then, I started to sing.

“Wendy we can get away. I promise if you're with me, say the word and we'll fly away. I can be your lost boy, your last chance. Your ‘everything better’ plan. Oh, somewhere in neverland. Oh, somewhere in neverland.”

And before I knew it, it was done. I open my eyes and look up at the man. He has a look of pleasure.  Once he sees me looking at him he drops his face. "You start tomorrow." the chubby man then wobbles away.

"I'm Luke by the way." Luke says holding his hand out so I can shake it.

"Ali." I say not bothering to shake his hand.

"Ali. That's a nice name." he says putting his hand away awkwardly.

"Ok, I should get going." I say stretching the "ok."

"Wait! Shouldn't I show you around the store so you aren't lost tomorrow?" he asks kindly as I'm about to leave.

"We can do that tomorrow." I say exiting the store.

I won't show it, but I am happy I got a job there. I get to work where I'm surrounded by music. Not some crummy bartender job at some club like I used to. How did a 17 year old get a job as a bartender? Well the club was cheap and they desperately needed a bartender because the last one quit from the rude customers. They didn't even bother to check my ID. The men there were very rude and constantly smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. Most of them trying to get it on with me. Once in a while we'd get some girls for their girls' night, but they were always rude as well.

After looking around Sydney some more I finally make it to the apartment. When I walk in I see James in the same seat as before in the morning. I nod at him and he nods back.

"It's pretty late." he says.

"And so?" I ask looking at him.

"You're a sassy one aren't you?" he asks smirking.

"Do you have a problem with that?" I ask annoyed. I'm really tired and I get really crabby when I'm tired. Well, I'm just crabby in general.

"Nah, I like it."

"Nice to know." I say more annoyed. The elevator opens and I step in quickly. Knowing me I would've stayed and flirted with him, but I have to follow my brother's rules.

I get into my apartment and it is really dark. I turn on the lights and it's just light enough so I can see where I am going. Man, the lights are horrible. I walk into my room and turn on the light that is on the ceiling and it flickers on. It's equally as dark in here. I grab my phone out of my bag and get my charger from my luggage. I find an outlet by the bed and plug it in and charge my phone. My phone lights up when I plug the charger in it to see I have a text from Leo.

Did you find a job?

I unlock my phone and reply back to his message.

Yep. At a music shop. It's close to the apartment.

I lock my phone again and I lay back on the bed.

"I really need lamps." I mumble quietly to myself.