Chapter 48

Ali's POV

I enter my apartment with Isabelle and Hunter helping me inside as I laugh my head off at nothing. We all said goodbye earlier at the club and spit paths there.

"Alright, birthday girl. Goodnight." Isabelle says laying me in my bed.

"Night guys." I yawned cuddling my pillow.

Isabelle and Hunter head out to their own homes leaving me with silence. I feel myself drift to sleep, but when I wake up it feels like I just blinked. My head is spinning and my mouth is dry. I lazily look at the clock on my phone. It is 3:45 AM. I decided to take some medicine and then take a shower.

Isabelle and Hunter head out to their own homes leaving me with the silence. After about ten minutes I feel myself begin to drift to sleep, but quickly wake up again. My head is still spinning and mouth feels like there's a desert inside of it. I lazily look at the clock on my phone to see its 3:45 AM. I sigh and try to fall asleep again, but stand up and take a shower instead.

Once I am out of the shower I don't see any use in trying to go back to sleep. I walk into the kitchen and look into my nearly empty refrigerator to find something to drink. After deciding on a water bottle I hear a knock on my door. I start to feel panic rush through me and my heart beat slightly faster.

I slowly go towards the door and put my hand on the knob. Then the person knocks again casing me to jump in fright.

"Alright you can do this." I whisper to myself preparing for whoever is behind the door. "1, 2,"

"Hey there." Luke smiles when I open the door.

I couldn't help but smile at him. He wears his usually band shirt and black jeans. I couldn't stop wondering how he could look this good at four in the morning.

"What is this?" I ask pointing to what was in his hands.

"I think its obvious." he chuckled. He holds a whole cheesecake in his hand with a single candle in the middle.

"Come in." I say leading him inside. We sit in the middle of the living room and I grab a knife to cut it.

"Thank you." I say sitting down next to him.

"Hold on," he says, "let me sing happy birthday to you before you blow out the candle."

"Is that necessary?" I ask.

"Yes. It is." he laughs.

"Alright." I give in.

"Happy birthday to you ..." he begins. With every line he scotches closer to me. I didn't notice until our knees touched.

"Happy birthday to Ali, happy birthday to you." he finishes. "Blow it out, birthday girl." he smiles. I laugh and gladly blow it out as he claps.

He puts the cheesecake down on the floor again then soothes back to me. He glances at my lips then back deeply into my eyes.

"If I kiss you, will you kick me out again?" he asks with a chuckle.

"Why don't you find out?" I tell him jokingly.

He then gently kissed me. Differently. Better. Sweeter. More- passionate.

When he brakes us apart he smiles then cuts a piece of the cheesecake for us. I don't have clean dishes so we just eat it like pizza.

"How'd you get cheesecake?" I ask him taking a bite.

"Want to get in, in a little secret?" he asks and I nod in response.

"Cheesecake isn't that expensive." he starts to laugh and so do I.

----

"Never have I ever gotten in trouble with the police." Luke says. I shamelessly take a shot.

"What did you do?" he laughs not surprised.

"Which time?" I joke.

After we finished the cheesecake Luke decided to play Never Have I Ever. I was drunk again, but Luke was barely tipsy.

"Your turn." he says.

"Never have I ever," I trail off, "had a serious relationship." Luke takes a shot.

"You've never been in a real relationship?"

"Yeah." I say laying down on my back.

"Why?" he asks.

"It's called being free. Not needing anyone to depend on."

"It sounds really lonely." he says with a smile but dead serious in his eyes.

"Who was you're first girlfriend?" I ask changing the subject.

"Ah," he says, "she was lovely."

"What'd she look like?"

"That," he trails off, "that, I don't remember. I don't remember much of her anymore."

"What happened?"

"Long distance. It was shit so we just broke it off. She kind of seemed happy when we broke up. It hurt like hell." he says now laying on his back next to me.

"That's why I don't do relationships." I say weakly.

"But that's why I do relationships." he says leaving me confused. "Even though I ended up heart broken, I still put myself out there and made great memories with her." he says as I now lay on my side propping my head up with my arm.

"But you still got hurt at the end."

"Well," he begins, "maybe that's the best part of the relationship."

"Breaking up?" I ask confused.

"Yeah."

"You're crazy." I chuckle.

"Says the one who doesn't buy her own groceries." he chuckles as well.

I smile and lean towards him to peck him on the cheek. Once I pull away from him he quickly pecks me on the lips. It was short, but I could feel my cheeks redden.

"You're cute when you blush." he says with a smirk on his face.

"I'm not-" but before I can finish my sentence he pulls me in for another kiss. I never felt like this when other guys kissed me. Let alone made me act this way. Last time I checked I never blush over guys. I'm usually the one making guys blush. But, you know what? I don't seem to mind at all. It actually felt right. Like this is how it's supposed to be.

"You know," he says, "you've changed a lot since the first day I met you."

"It's all because of you. You fucking jerk." I say.

"It's a good change." he laughs.

"I know." I say with a smile.