Chapter 12

Ali's POV

"So, is everyone coming over tonight?" Calum asked us. Everyone answers, but I on the other hand is in a whole different planet. All that I thought of lately was how odd Jay was acting. He never acted like that with me. If he was upset he'd tell me right away, but this time he didn't. I know something is wrong, but I guess he doesn't want to touch on that situation. 

"Hello, Ali?" Michael asked me waving his hand in my face. I stopped picking at my lunch with my fork and look up at him.

"Sorry, did you say something?" I asked putting my elbow on the table and using my hand to lift my head up.

"Are you going to the party?" he asked taking one of my chips.

"She'll be there." Skylar says out of nowhere. I turn my head towards her and giver her my "I am?" look. Which she returns with a "just go with it." 

"So, is that a yes?" Michael asked again taking my chip bag. 

"Yeah." I say picking at my food with my fork again.

----

Skylar is driving me to her house to get ready for the party. I'm in no mood to party right now.

"So, why are we going to this party?" I ask looking out the open window.

"Well, it seems fun and I'm in a party mood," she says, "Plus when have you ever turn down a party?" 

"True." I answer her. Well, I guess if she's going to drag me into this I'll just have to go with it. 

We're in her room now getting ready for the party. I'm wearing a plain black long sleeved crop top with white high waist jeans. My hair has loose waves and I have on black mascara and eyeliner. I didn't want to dress up too nicely. On the other hand Skylar looked stunning. She had on a light pink dress that ended just above her knees. The dress had no patterns, but it she made it look so good. She wrapped a regular braid around her head and let the rest fall down in bouncy curls.

"So, a party mood, huh?" I ask while staring at her from the bed. She was curling the last of her hair

"Yep. Let's get our dance on tonight." she says shaking her hips and applying perfume. I walk over to her and look at the perfume she used.

"That can't be the only reason." I say holding the perfume up. I look at her through the mirror since she's already looking into it. She whips her head towards me and puts the perfume down. She only puts perfume on for special occasions.

"Well, I may or may not have a little crush on someone who's going." she says. I can already see her turning red. 

"Oh does it happen to start with an 'Ash' and ends with a 'ton'?" I asked teasingly. Her face turns red and I start to laugh so hard that I fall onto the bed. 

"What's so funny?" Jess asked entering the room with Andy. Mrs. Taylor must have let them in. 

"Sky told me that she likes Ashton." I say containing my laugh. 

"As if it wasn't already obvious." Andy said sitting next to me on the bed. Skylar stomps her foot like she always does when we're making fun of her and starts to protest to what we're saying.

Once we enter the party it's just like any other high school party. Drunk teenagers dancing to loud music and people heading upstairs to make the worst decision of their lives. We head to the kitchen to see it wasn't very full. There was just a few people just talking with red plastic cups in their hands. I head towards the cooler and get all of us a beer.