Chapter 50

Ali's POV

I wake up happy, happier than I have been in quite a while. It feels good. It feels like I could conquer the world. But, instead of that, I decided to finally clean up a little. I borrowed a vacuum from Hunter and brought out my Clorox wipes to wipe down the kitchen counters.

It surprisingly took shorter than I thought. I was able to finish by noon. I felt proud of myself. I even opened the curtains. Who knew that opening up that tiny window would let in a lot of sunlight. After taking a shower and changing into fresh clothes I hear someone knock on my door.

"Jay? Are you ok?" His eyes are red and had tear stains on his cheeks. It was obvious that he hasn't had any sleep due to his hair and his growing beard. He seemed out of breath and panicked.

"That doesn't matter right now. I have to tell you something." he says entering my apartment.

"Yeah, sure anything. Is everything okay?" I ask concerned.

"No." he says running his fingers through his hair. "Oh, god. You're going to hate me." He sits on my bed still panicked.

"I can never hate you." I say sitting down next to him and putting my hand on top of his shaky ones. "Just tell me what's wrong."

He looks at me with a look that he might start crying. I become scared of what he might say. If Jay is crying, then that's a big deal because he never cries. What if something bad happened to him, or will happen to him? What if his life is in danger?

"I- I-" he stutters, "Ali, there's no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to say it." I nod for him to go on.

"John is coming."

John is coming.

John is coming.

I feel my heart stop and beat faster at the same time. It feels like I forgot how to breathe, and I can feel myself shake. I want to speak, I want to ask him questions but I feel so numb that I can't form words let alone make myself move. I'm so paralyzed from fright I don't know what to do.

"W-what? H-how did he find me?" I ask. My heart is pounding harder than ever before. I start to think of the horrible things that he will do to me once he finds me. I wouldn't be surprised if he kills me.

"How did he find me? When is he coming? What am I going to do? Where am I going to go? Oh god. What if he already has Leo? No, no, no. He's going to kill me." I say now standing up pacing the floor.

"Ali," he says but I keep pacing the floor while biting my nails and talking about all the things that John might do and how he'll kill me. "Ali!" He screams at me grabbing both of my shoulders causing me to stop pacing.

"There's something else I have to tell you." he says with guilt in his eyes.

"Wait." I say with a new fright in my chest. "How did you know John is coming to find me?"

"Ali, I think you need to sit down." he says not looking me in the eyes anymore.

"No! I don't want to sit down! Tell me, how did you know that he's coming to find me?" I scream at him. He doesn't answer me. He just turns his head to the floor not saying a word. I feel anger boil inside of me. My life is on the line right now and he doesn't have a word to say.

"Tell me Jay! How do you know? Why do you look so guilty, Jay? Tell me!" I say now pounding on his chest with my fists.

"Why won't you answer me?" I yell again.

"I told him!" He yells back grabbing my fists.

"What?" I ask in a barely audible voice.

"I told John. I told him where you were, where Leo lives, where you work. Everything." he says with tears coming down his cheeks.