Chapter 33

Ali's POV

"Are you sure about this?" Jay asks.

"Not completely, but I feel like they aren't lying to me." I answer really thinking about it.Jay texted me last night asking if he can walk me to work, and of course I said yes. I told him about my decision and what happened yesterday, but I didn't tell him about what happened with Luke.

"Well, you remember what happened with Regan right?" Jay asks.

"No need to remind me, thank you." I say shuddering at the thought.

"You're not having feelings for that guy are you?" Jay asks after a couple of minutes of silence.

"Not you too," I sigh, "No, I don't."

"Good."

Once I left the horrible party I ran back home and texted Jay to come over right away. After taking a very long shower I told Jay everything. The next day Jay went over to Ryan's house to beat the shit out of him.

"See you later." I say once we reach the restaurant.

"See you." he says waving while walking backwards.Once I enter the girls are already cleaning the tables. I nod at them biding them a good morning and go into the locker room to quickly put my things inside my locker. Since the girls are about done with the tables, I go into the kitchen.

"Any help needed?" I ask walking up to Hunter.

"You can help wash the dishes." he says while soaping a few dishes himself.

"Sure thing." I say taking as much as I can.

"Why don't you ask me if I need help?" Randy asks.

"Because you look about done." I laugh.

"Does this look done to you?" Randy asks pointing at his very messy station.I laugh a little then start to wash the dishes. We wash in silence and I begin to hum out of bad habit.

"Do you sing?" he asks.

"Oh, no. Well yeah, but not really." I say stuttering over words.

"Can I hear?" he asks chuckling at me.

"Maybe one day." I say looking down at the sink.I finish washing the dishes and go back to the tables. There's a couple of people in my section so I quickly go over to help them.

"Hi, I'm Ali your waitress for today. May I start you with something to drink?" I repeat the same line I say to every customer.

"Um, I'll have orange juice. What do you want honey?" the lady asks the man in front of her. They're both probably in their 20's and I assume that he's the boyfriend.

"I'll have the same." he says glancing at me for a second then back at the menu.

"Ok, I will bring that to you guys right away." I say walking away from the table. They seem like a nice couple. A bit boring, but nice.

I glance over to the girl again and can't help to feel a bit jealous. She looks well put together and neat. She has blonde hair put into a ponytail without missing one single stand. She wears a light purple button up cardigan, of course buttoned to the top, and a white tank top so you don't see any cleavage.Before I walk back to her table I tug at my clothing attempting to look more, well, like her. After a lot of tugging I retie my hair making sure I don't miss a strand. I glance once again at the beautiful lady and slowly walk over to her table.

"Here's your drinks." I say with a smile putting their drinks in front of them.

"Do you know what you'd like to order?"