Chapter 54

Luke's POV

"I think I'll never get use to flying." I moan.

"On the bright side," Ashton says in a very chirpy voice, "we're in California!"

"And that means,"

"We can see Ali!" Michael finishes off for Calum.

"When are you guys going to see her?" I ask as we enter a van to go to our next hotel.

"You're not going to come?" Calum asks.

"I wasn't planning to." I say in an annoyed tone.

"You don't have a choice." Ashton says. "You're coming with us."

"Plus," Michael says with a grin, "we all know you were going to come anyway."

I just shake my head in disagreement and we stay in silence the rest of the drive. My thoughts wonder over to Ali. I have a lot of questions about her new life but I know there is no chance that I will ever get them answered. I missed her. There was no doubt in that, but I'm just confused. I don't know if my feelings for her changed, or if I ever had feelings for her. I know that we're friends, but I guess there was a little part of me that always thought about being more than just friends.

We all exit the van and enter from the back of the hotel to prevent from being trampled by fans. Of course it wasn't our plan. We wanted to stop and talk to them, but management always thought it was too dangerous for us. There was this one time that we snuck over to talk to some fans.

"I think I might fall asleep for a week." Michael says stretching out on the bed.

"I wish." I say lying next to him.

"Ali?" I mumble to myself. There I saw her. She was a couple of yards away from me. Everything else was white.

"Ali!" I yell to get her attention. Once she turns around I see that there was someone standing in front of her.

"Who's that chump?" He asks Ali.

"Oh my god, it's Luke." She says laughing.

"You mean the dork you told me about? The one that thought you guys could actually date?" he laughs bitterly.

"Yeah, that's the one." She says still laughing. Suddenly people begin to fill the empty white room with each and every one of them laughing.

"Hey, Luke!" he calls out to me.

"What?" I say just loud enough for him to hear.

"Ali's mine now. You're too late." He says with a smirk then both of them starts to laugh and walk away.

"Wait!" I say now chasing them as fast as I could while dodging all of the bodies that try to block me, but it seemed like they were miles away. I could hear their laughs echoing back to me.

"Ali!" I yell again.

"Luke?" I hear Calum say.

"W- What?" I say confused.

"You must want to see Ali more than we thought." He smirks.

"What?" I ask still confused.

"You were calling her name in your sleep." Ashton explains.

"Ali! Ali, come back!" Michael mocks.

"Shut up." I say throwing the pillow I was using at him.

"Don't worry, we'll be seeing her tomorrow." Michael says. "You better get your act together before then."

They leave me alone the rest of the time which gave me time to think. Think about what I would say, or what I would wear when I see her. I want to wear something casual, but not too casual. I probably will end up wearing a band tee. She always loved them. When she still lived with me she would borrow them. It didn't bother me, I liked it that she wore them.

**FLASHBACK**

"You have a lot of band shirts." Ali says.

"Yeah I know." I say laying on my bed.

"I love All Time Low." She says admiring one of my ATL shirts.

"You know," I say awkwardly, "you can borrow them if you want."

"Really?" she asks turning around with excitement.

"Yeah, like when you don't have any more clothes, or you want them for PJ's feel free to just come and take one."

"Well, on that case," she says taking one out of the hanger, "I'm going to borrow this." She says with a smile and moves out of my room to put it on.

I smile at the memory of her. She always told me when she wore them that they smelled like my cologne, but said it smelled nice. One time I ran out and she actually went to the store to buy me more because she said that I smelled like cat piss without it. I go into my luggage and try to find the cologne, but there's only clothes and underwear.

"What are you looking for?" Calum asks.

"My cologne." I say looking through the luggage again.

"We weren't allowed to bring glass bottles, remember?" Calum says.

"Shit." I mumble. "I'm going out."

"How?" Calum asks as I head out the door.

"I got it covered." I say slamming the door. I put up my hood and hoped for the best.

**FLASHBACK***

"You smell nice." Ali says as I pass her.

"What?" I say opening the fridge. Once I turn around she's right behind me. She nuzzles up to my neck and I feel myself drop the water bottle I was getting out of the fridge.

"You know," she says wrapping her arms around my neck, "some colognes smell too strong, but yours is just right." As I'm about to wrap my arms around her waist she pulls herself away from me and walks away.

"Why are you such a tease?" I call out to her.

"It's fun!" she yells back then slams her door.

I enter a nearby store managing not to be spotted. After walking down a few aisles I find my cologne and start to head towards the register, but stop in my tracks when I see a small, brown teddy bear with a bow around its neck. I smile at it and pick it up. For some reason I find myself thinking of Ali when I look at it and without thinking I pay for it along with my cologne.

Once I get back to the hotel all of the boys are sleeping with the TV still on. When I turn off the TV and set the cologne and teddy bear on the night stand beside me I snuggle into the bed with Ali as my last thought.