Chapter 46

Luke's POV

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Just wanted to talk to you."

"I'm not really in the mood."

"Ali?"

"Yeah."

"Let me in."

"Yeah. Okay."

It's been a couple days since I was kicked out of Ali's apartment. Ever since all I was thinking about was her eyes. How scared they looked. Like she was scared of me. It felt like I was going to throw up, or pass out.

"What were you going to talk to me about, Isabelle?"

"Ali, actually." She says sitting on the couch. "What happened now?"

I sat next to her on the couch and told her about what happened, but I ended up telling her everything between me and Ali ever since the first time I saw her up to now. It kind of all slipped, but she didn't seem to mind. If anything, she looked interested.

"Well, that's a nice story."

"Thanks." I say.

"I'm going to head out."

"Where?"

"To talk to Ali. Duh." she says picking up her coat.

"Do you even know where she is?"

"She's at work. Don't you know her hours?" I shake my head no. "You really pay no attention to anything."

"Just do me a favor," she says, "don't let her slip away like you let me."

Isabelle's POV

Ouch.

I have to admit that even though I don't like him anymore, it hurts to think that he likes someone else. But, I'll get over it. He deserves someone better anyway. And I think Ali would be really good for him.

"Ali! Ali?" I yell entering the restaurant she works in.

"Isabelle? You can't just come here and yell my name you know. I'm working." She says appearing from the back.

"Well, I have to talk to you." I say taking the tray out of her hands and setting it down on a table.

"Can it wait for after I'm done working?" she asks.

"Ugh, fine. When do you get out?" I ask annoyed.

"In an hour."

"An hour? Are you serious? What am I going to do for an hour?"

"You can help wash dishes." she offers pointing towards the kitchen.

"Does it look like I do dishes?" I ask putting a hand on my hip.

"You can leave you know. No one’s asking you to stay. I just have to get back to work." she says picking up the tray again.

"Fine. I'll do dishes." I say stomping over to the kitchen.

When I go into the kitchen I see a boy already at the sink. It takes me a while to figure out that it was Hunter. Ali's Hunter. Well, not really Ali's Hunter. She told me that they weren't real and the boys just set her up with him. It's not a surprised because it seems like something they would do.

"Hey." I speak up coming towards him.

"Hey. Isabelle, right?" he asks wiping his hands on a rag set beside him.

"Yeah. And you're Hunter, right?" I ask even though I already know.

"Um, yeah. Are you here to hang out with Ali?"