Chapter 43

Ali's POV

I knock on Luke's door waiting patiently for him to answer. I'm a bit nervous to hear them practice because they might be awful. What if they're like Nickleback?

"Ali?" I look up to see Isabelle. We haven't talked since we cooked together.

"Isabelle." I reply. She glares at me for a long minute before opening the door wider to let me in.

We both go into the living room where the boys have their instruments set up. I sit on the couch being very careful not to touch anything. Isabelle sits on the other couch and continues to glare at me.

"So-"

"Look, just because I told you the truth doesn't mean I'm going to go soft on you. In fact, I'm probably going to be harsher on you now." Isabelle says cutting me off. I sigh as I begin to walk over to her and sit next to her.

"I can't wait." I say. We both look at each other and smile. And with that smile we both knew that we became some sort of friends.

"We're here!" Michael yells entering the living room. "Oh, hey Ali! We just went out to get some sodas." Michael explains with his hands full of two boxes of soda.

"I can tell." I laugh standing up to help him put them down on the table.

"Are you guys ready?" Ashton asks as we walk back to the living room.

"Yeah." Calum, Michael, and Luke reply. I decide to take a seat between Michael and Calum. Ashton sat in front of us on top of a drum box. Luke, of course, sat on the other couch with Isabelle.

"Do you want to hear an original, or a cover?" Michael asks grabbing his guitar.

"Original." I say tapping my fingers excitedly on my knees.

"Ready?" Luke asks everyone.

Calum starts to play and soon after Ashton and Michael starts too. So far, so good.

"You call me up" Calum sings and I immediately fall in love with the song. They all sound really good together and stay in sync. And their lyrics are just amazing.

"I dedicate this song to you. The one who never sees the truth. That I can take away your heart, heartbreak girl." I smile and nod my head to the music.

After a short three minutes they are done with the song. I was kind of disappointed when they stopped. I wanted to hear more.

"What do you think?" Luke asks.

"You guys suck." I say with a smile and let out a chuckle. "I'm joking." I add quickly so they catch on.

"I knew you would like us." Michael says nudging me with his shoulder.

"How many times did you guys perform?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" Calum asks.

"You know, in public." I say.

"Um." They all say together.

"You guys never played in public?" I ask in disbelief.

"We have a YouTube channel." Calum says.

"Yeah, but don't you guys want more attention?" I ask.

"Well, yeah." Ashton says.

"Then you should go out in public." I say.

"Where would we play?" Luke asks.

"At a park, the streets, anywhere where people would be." I reply.

They all start to mumble among each other making plans on what they should do. I smile to myself and stand up to throw away my can. On my way I look at the Wish Wall. It looks like they haven't written anything on it since the last time I looked at it. I grab a Sharpie and quickly write something then walk back to the living room taking my seat next to Michael.

"You'll be there right?" Calum asks.

"Where?" I ask.

"When we perform in the streets." Michael replies.

"Sure, I'll be there." I say leaning my back against the back of the couch.

"Great! We're playing in the park tomorrow." Calum says.

"Already?" I ask surprised. "Do you know what songs you'll play?"

"Not really." Michael says.

"You guys are so hopeless." I chuckle. "You guys should start with some songs people know, then when you have a crowd start playing your own songs."

"What would we do without you?" Michael says laying his head on my shoulder.

"I'm pretty sure you guys would be no where without me." I joke.

"When we're famous you can work for us. You can clean our rooms, pick out our clothes, and feed us." Michael says.

"That sounds fun, but unfortunately you guys are a handful." I say patting his thigh.

"When we're famous you have to be with us though." Calum says also laying his head on my other shoulder.

"Why would I be with you guys?" I ask shifting a little to get comfortable.

"Because you're helping us. And I don't think Luke can stand a day without you." Ashton laughs.

"Shut up!" Luke yells throwing a pillow at Ashton's head.

"Well, as much as I like hanging out with you guys, I have to leave. It's getting dark." I say gathering my things then walking out the door.

"Hold up!" I hear someone say just as I'm about to enter the elevator.

"Luke?"

"You forgot your phone." he says handing it to me.

"Oh, thanks." I say putting it in my pocket. "I swear I had it in my-" Before I can finish my sentence Luke kisses me on the cheek gently.

"See you tomorrow." he says tucking a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"See you." I say. He smiles then turns around to walk back to his apartment. Once I go into the elevator I feel myself blush as I touch the spot on my cheek he kissed.