Chapter 14

Ali's POV

When I wake up I hear the TV so I figure that Luke's awake. I rub my eyes with the palm of my hands. I had a pretty good sleep last night.

When I was done with the shower I see Luke leaned against the sink with a juice box in his hand. I lean against the divider so I'm in front of him.

"Mind handing me one?" I ask him. He opens the fridge and throws the juice box to me. He leans against the sink again in front of me. We stay like this just looking at each other. I have to admit I'm getting a little uncomfortable.

"Are you doing anything today?" Luke asks me while throwing away both of our juice boxes away.

"Nope." I say back still leaning against the divider.

"The guys and I are going to this party together. You should come with." he said putting his hands on the rims of the sink.

"Sure I'll come." I say after thinking about it for a while.

"Great, you should get ready now. They could be coming any minute." Luke says cleaning some dishes.

When I'm done changing I hear the boy’s voices so I hurry and just put on a black tank top followed by a black cardigan with white crosses on it and with regular jeans.

"Hey, Ali you're coming?" Ashton asks as I sit next to him on the couch.

"Yeah." I say back giving him a small smile. 

"Let's go!" Calum says opening the door happily. We all exit into the hallway.

We all divided into two different cars. Luke and Ashton in his car and then me and Calum in Michael's car. About five minutes into the drive I realize that I might not even know the person throwing the party.

"So, where are we going?" I ask no one in particular. 

"Well, first we're just going to hang out and then go to the party." Calum answers.

"Who's party?" I ask him. Calum and Michael looks at each other as if asking each other if they should tell me. 

"It's a friend’s party. You don't know him." He says glancing over his shoulder to me.

"If I don't know them is it ok if I go?" I ask. I don't want to be a party crasher.

"Don't worry, you're with us." Michael says reassuringly. Well, tonight is going to be interesting.

Michael pulls up in a parking lot in front of a park. This park had swings, a play set, a sand box and a couple slides.

"Here we are!" Calum said running towards the playground. I laugh at the way he runs to the park like a child.

"You like parks?" Michael asks me nudging me with his shoulder while we walk.

"Yeah, they're nice." I say sitting on a swing. "The swings are my favorite.

"Mine too." Michael says pushing me a little on the swing.

"You come here often?" I ask making more conversation.

"No, we just saw this park once so we decided to go here to wait till the party." Michael says continuing to push me. Michael and I spent a day together once and ever since we were comfortable in front of each other.

"What an interesting story." I say as he sits on the swing next to me. He chuckles and I smile at him. 

"Hi guys!" Ashton says sitting at the swing next to Michael.

"Hey." I say and Michael nods at him. All three of us stay in silence, but it's comfortable so I don't really mind.

"So, Ali. Did Luke apologize to you?" Ashton asks me. This question catches me off guard.