Chapter 20

Ali's POV

I woke up lazily today and stretched until I cracked my back. These past week has been really busy for me. Day by day was an activity. Luckily today is the weekend so I have no work. Thank god I can finally rest.

After going to the bathroom I hear my phone ring telling me that I got a text. I walk over to my phone surprised to see:

New message: Skylar

I haven't been talking to them for weeks. I feel bad that I haven't but at the same time I was doing it on purpose.

I feel like you fell off the face of the earth. Why haven't been keeping in touch with us?

I sigh as I read Skylar's text. I feel really guilty about this but it's the best thing to do. I think for a while if I should reply. I haven't been replying to them before so why start now?

I been busy with work. Sorry.

I decided to text her back and take a quick shower.

Once I was done I went to the kitchen and got some cookies I got from work to munch on. I leap on to my bed surprised to see another text from Skylar. I didn't expect her to reply.

You know we all miss you. You should come see us. I'll even pick you up. Just tell me where you live.

I bite my lip thinking if I should hang out with them. I do miss them, but that would be a stupid to do. I can't tell them where I live as well or else they might ask to come over a lot. 

I'll just walk. Where do you want to meet up?

Just one day. One day we'll hang out and then no more.

My house. You don't live that far do you?

She does live far away.

No problem. I'll be there.

What am I getting myself into? I'm going to be tired by the time I get there.

Might as well start walking now then later. I get my purse and put on my shoes. They better be happy that I'm doing this for them.

I start to think about her text. She said they all miss me. What does she mean by all? Does she mean just her and the girls? Or does she mean including the boys? I doubt that the boys miss me though. Then again what Michael said about me being a part of their family, they might miss me. But without me there might be less arguing. Yeah. They're fine without me.

Before I enter Skylar's house I try to make it less obvious that my feet were practically dying.

Once the door opens I stand up straighter and fix my hair a little. I haven't seen these girls for weeks. Might as well look nice.

"Ali!" Skylar screams then jumps at me when the door wasn't even half way open.

"Hi." I say hugging her just as tightly.

"I missed you! What the hell is your problem?" She screams again and hugs me tighter if that's even possible.

We go up to her room to see that Andy and Jess is already inside. They tackle me with hugs and screams as well. 

After the yelling and hugs we calm down and go downstairs to go watch a film. After the movie is done the girls said that we should go out and walk around before I go back to my apartment.

"So, anything new happen?" I ask the girls near the end of the film.

"Nothing really. Without you here nothing is really happening around here." Jess says.