Chapter 53

Ali's POV

"Everyone come on!" Brandon says guiding everyone on the beach to the bonfire. Brandon felt like celebrating big, so he invited mostly all of the seniors to the beach.

"How cozy." Skylar says sitting next to me on the sand.

"Yeah. It is" I say gazing at the big fire.

"You're really happy here." Skylar says. I turn head to look at her. She sounded happy when she said it, but her face looks sad.

"I am." I say. "But I'll always miss you guys."

"I know. It's just that you really did get your life on track since you came here." she says playing with some sand.

"And that's a bad thing?" I ask with a little chuckle to lighten the mood.

"No," she pauses, "you're just different. Good different."

"Thank you." I say putting my hand on her hand.

"You know," she says, "Luke really misses you."

"No he doesn't," I say rolling my eyes, "he's famous."

"Ali, do you really think Luke is the kind of person who would let fame change him?"

"I guess you have a point." I say, "Have you talked to them?"

"Yeah. We're all still close." I nod in response. "Oh, I almost forgot! Guess what?" She says clapping her hands in excitement.

"What?" I laugh.

"They're coming to California." she says with a bright smile.

"When?" I ask. I didn't really feel excited that they're coming, but I felt something spark in me.

"I'm not sure, but it's up next on their tour."

"Oh, tour. They're that big?" I ask.

"Yeah, that big." She agrees. "How about you?"

"Well, I'm trying to make the big time." I laugh. "But all I got is a YouTube channel and gigs at the diner."

"Well, your channel has billions of view, and you have over a trillion fans already. I'm pretty sure you can figure it out." Skylar says.

"Hey there beautiful." Noah says sitting next to me.

"Hey there ugly." I say teasingly.

"Shut up, I know you think I'm hot." he laughs.

"Maybe a little." I say pecking him on the cheek.

"Oh, I almost forgot, they want to hear some more from you." Noah smiles.

"Really?" I ask.

"Of course. C'mon." He says lifting me off the ground.

"I have to get my guitar in the house." I say.

"I'll come with."

We both head to the house quickly and get my guitar which was placed in my room. Before we left Noah sat me down on my bed.

"Your friends, they don't like me, huh?" he asks in a sad tone.

"Why would you think that?"

"Are you kidding?" he says with a chuckle.

"Alright, I guess they don't like you."

"Why?" he asks.

"Well, back in Sydney" I say now holding his hand, "there was- well there really wasn't, but" I stutter not really finding the words.

"Was there a guy?" he asks.

"Sort of." I say feeling a little guilty, but there really isn't anything to be guilty about. It's not like we dated.

"What was his name?" he asks now looking down to his lap.

"Luke." I say staring at him.

"And I'm assuming that your friends really wanted you guys to go together?"

"Yeah." I say causing him to groan. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he says now looking at me and scooting closer to me, "there's nothing to be sorry about."

"Yeah, you're right." I say now standing up. "Race you to the beach?"

"You are so going to lose." He laughs already starting to run.