Chapter 35

Ali's POV

"Aw, she fell asleep? How romantic." I hear a voice that sounds like Jess.

"Shut up you're going to wake her up!" The thing I'm lying on moves a little. It takes me a while to realize that it isn't a thing. It's a person.I slowly open my eyes so I can see what exactly is going on. When I am fully awake I see that I'm in a car. It takes me a while to remember that I went to the zoo. I must have fallen asleep on the way back.

"She's awake." Ashton says while I sit up and rub my eyes so I can see correctly.

"I fell asleep, didn't I?" I ask.

"Yeah. Well, to be specific you fell asleep on Luke." Skylar says from my side.

"Sorry." I mumble feeling sleepy still.

"It's ok." he says.Once I get out of the car I look around at the familiar surroundings. Once I look at the house, I realize that it's Skylar's.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"Well, my parents are out. So we all decided to crash here since it was closest." she explains.Skylar has a really big house. So, as you can tell, she's rich. Her parents own this huge business or something so they don't always stay at home.

"That's cool." I say as she opens the door.

Once we are inside I head to the bathroom while everyone else goes into the kitchen. I look into the mirror to see that I look like a mess. I quickly run my fingers through my hair to rid of the tangles in my hair. Then I turn on the sink to rinse my face to feel a bit fresher.When I go into the kitchen everyone is sitting down munching on snacks. There is no more seats so I just stand between Calum and Jess taking a chip from her.

 "Anyone up for a film?" Skylar asks.

"Let's watch a scary film!" Michael suggests.

"No, a comedy!" Calum argues.

"I want to watch action." Andy says.

They all argue about what they want to watch as they walk to the living room. I, however, slip out the sliding door to get some air. Her backyard is huge. She has a patio and a pool.I take a seat on the patio steps and look up at the sky. It's getting dark and the lamp posts are lit. I decide to take out my phone and earbuds and put shuffle on my music. Swear it like you Meant it comes on by Go radio.

"Hey." I hear a voice say along with tapping my shoulder.

"Hey." I say taking out one earbud.

"Can I hear?" he asks sitting next to me.

"Sure." I say giving him an earbud. I look at him from the corner of my eye. I'm kind of nervous that he wouldn't like my choice of music.

"You listen to Go Radio?" he asks turning his head to look at me.

"Um, yeah." I say tugging at my sleeves.

"Good. Because I do too." he says causing me to smile.

As we listen to the music I feel Luke's hand brush against mine as he soothes closer to me. Before I can stop myself I take his hand and intertwine our fingers just like he did when we were looking at the penguins.I lay my head on his shoulder as the next Go Radio song comes on. House of Hallways. He doesn't seem to care because he lays his head on mine. For a while it feels like it's just us two in the whole world. Nothing else seems to matter when we're alone.

"About what I told you when you left Aaron's house," he says making me feel very nervous, "Do you feel the same?"

"Exactly the same actually." I say honestly playing with the end of my sleeve.

"Good." he replies standing up. I look at him with confusion, but he smiles and offers me his hand so I can stand up. I gladly take it and stand up.

"Because if you didn't I think I'd die."