Chapter 9

Luke's POV 

Once I saw Ali there sitting in the hallway I knew she was evicted. I also knew that I had to let her stay in my apartment. In the morning she can figure out what she's going to do. She told me before that she had a brother. Maybe she can stay with him?

I woke up this morning and headed out into the kitchen. I hear someone in the bathroom which I assume is Ali. I decided to get two glasses and fill them with orange juice. I take a sip out of one and sit down at the table. I tap my fingers on the edges of my glass feeling a bit nervous. The last time I let a girl stay in my apartment broke my heart. 

"Hey." I turn around to see Ali with damp hair. She must have took a shower for school.

"Hey." I say handing her the other glass of orange juice. 

"Oh, thanks." she says taking a sip and sitting across from me. We stay like this for a couple of minutes and I realize that I have to get ready too. 

"Um, I'm going to get ready now. You can watch on the TV if you want." I say putting my glass in the sink. She nods and walks over to the living room with her glass. Why am I being so nice to her? This is so weird.

I finish taking a shower and we both enter my car. We don't talk for a while which makes me feel a bit awkward. I haven't been giving Ali rides to school, or being too nice to her. 

"I'll be out of your apartment by the end of the day." she says looking at the window. I glance at her and look back at the road. 

"Where would you go?" I ask.

"My brother's." she says. I can tell that she doesn't want to talk to me. 

"You can't," I can feel her looking at me weirdly, "what I mean is you can't because you told me that your brother lives far from the school and he doesn't have space because he lives with his girlfriend." 

"You still remember that?" she chuckles.

"Um, y-yeah." I say licking my lips nervously. "My point is that you can stay with me." 

"Why? You don't like me." she says harshly.

Whoa. She changes moods faster than lightning.

"That's not true." I say a little quieter.

"Then what's your problem with me?" she asks sitting up in her seat burning holes in me with her eyes.

“What’s your problem with me?” I ask. She hasn’t been the nicest to me either.

“God, don’t take it personal, I’m like that to everyone.” She says rolling her eyes.

“What an excuse.” I say sarcastically.

“How about you, huh? What’s your excuse?” she asks harshly.

“Nothing.”

“Bullshit.” She says. “Tell me the truth.”

“Why does it matter?” I ask.

“Because if I’m going to live with you I want to know what I’m doing wrong!” she says loudly.

“Fine!” I say. “I- I,” I stutter. “Hate the way you peel fruit.”

I’m such an idiot.

“You really think I’m going to buy that?” She asks annoyed.

“You know what, fine. Don’t tell me.”

I'm in homeroom now with Michael and all I can think of is Isabelle. She's the girl I really liked, but she broke my heart. We were together for so long. I did everything for her. But how does she repay me? She cheats on me, and moves away. I don't know why she would do this to me.