Chapter 45

Ali's POV

"It's your birthday soon isn't it?" Luke asks.

"No, it's in December." I reply taking a bit of an Oreo. Me and Luke ended up going to the store to buy junk food then went to my apartment.

"It's the end of November." Luke says throwing popcorn at me.

"It is?" I ask almost choking.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you." he chuckles.

"Oh, whatever." I say while entering my twitter. "By the way, did you see what I tagged you in on Twitter?"

"Oh yeah. I saw that. I also saw the comments." he says.

"Are they bad?" I ask.

"I thought you would know. It's on your profile." he chuckles. "And yeah. They're good comments."

"I turn off my notifications. It kept blowing up my phone.” I say.

"Hey . . ." he begins, "you still have that YouTube account, yeah?"

"Yeah." I say a little worried.

"Can we do a duet?" he asks coming a little closer to me.

"A duet?" I repeat. "Why?"

"It'll be fun. And I think your fans will enjoy it." he shrugs. "So, are you in?"

"I guess." I say unsure. I get out my camera and set it up to have good lighting and good quality. "Um, what song did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking about Remembering Sunday. But the girl sings at the end. We can break it up if you want." he offers.

"No, that's fine. I don't really feel like singing right now." I say getting out my guitar.

"You know how to play it?" he asks.

"Um, no. But I can just listen to the song and figure it out like that." I say sitting down next to him.

"Holy shit that's cool." he says. I smile, but I feel completely uncomfortable. I'm not use to compliments, or singing with someone.

After listening to the song I got it down on the guitar. I go over it with Luke to see what he's comfortable with, and once we finish I start the camera.

"Hey guys, I'm here with Luke, from Five Seconds of Summer. And we're going to do a song for you called Remembering Sunday by All Time Low." I say to the camera. "Ready?" I ask Luke.

"Yeah." he smiles. I begin playing and wait for him to begin singing.

"He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes. Started making his way pass two in the morning. He hasn't been sober in days." he begins. I try to hide my smile by biting my lip, but I can't help myself. Honestly, he looks adorable when he sings, looking to the floor, closing his eyes.

I listen to Luke singing and make sure not to mess up on the guitar. I zoned out for a bit, but once I zoned back in I realized that it was my part soon. I feel a sense of panic come to me, but I quickly cover it up and ready myself for my turn.

"I'm not coming back, I've done something so terrible. I'm terrified to speak, but you'd expect that from me. I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt, now the rain is just washing you out of my hair and out of my mind. Keeping an eye on the world, from so many thousands of feet off the ground, I'm over you now. I'm at home in the clouds, and towering over your head." I sing with a deeper passion than I expected.

"Well, I guess I'll go home now, I guess I'll go home now, I guess I'll go home now. I guess I'll go home." Luke finishes.

I look up at Luke to see that he's already looking down at me. I feel my face go hot as he comes closer to me. And before I knew it the feeling of his lips were on mine. To my surprise, I kind of missed it. I wrapped my free hand around his neck and with his one hand he held my waist and the other cupping my face. Luke pulled away too early and leaned his forehead on mine.