Chapter 26

Ali's POV

I feel like a child. Running from my problems. But what other way am I supposed to do this? I can't just tell them to get out of my life. That's rude. But it is rude just cutting them off and avoiding them.

I start to remember all of our funny memories together. Like the time when we all went to the mall and Michael and Andy got us all in trouble because they threw food off of the second floor and it ended up falling on top of someone's head.Maybe avoiding them isn't the best choice.

Maybe I should let myself get closer to them. I know they wouldn't hurt me on purpose. They all care about me.I smile and run out the door.I run all the way to Luke's apartment. I feel myself becoming breathless, but I don't care. It doesn't matter to me because all I want to do is see my friends and apologize for avoiding them. Once I get to his apartment I knock on his door excitedly.

"Hey! I know it's late, but I wanted to tell you something." I say smiling happily once he opens the door.

"Shut up Ali." He says rather harshly.

"Um, okay. Well I was wondering if all of us could hang out." I ask with the bright smile on my face not disappearing.

"Are you serious?" he chuckles harshly.

"W- what?" I ask confused.

"You think that we want to hang out with you?" he asks laughing.

"Well, I just- I just thought-" I start to stutter.

"Thought what? That we want to be friends with you? You're such a pain in the ass, you know that? When you're around you always cause some kind of drama. We don't want that. Plus you're probably only going to give us trouble." he spats.

"W- what are you trying to say?" I ask confused with tears stinging my eyes.

"Are you really that stupid? God, get your head out of the clouds Ali! You don't think that we actually care about you, do you? Just leave us alone. We don't want anything to do with you." he yells then slams the door in my face.

I clench my fist so tightly that my knuckles turn white. You would've thought I learned by now. I should have known this wouldn't be any different. How could I be such an idiot?

 -5 hours earlier-

Luke's POV

I lay in the living room alone watching a film. I start to think about the night me and Ali kissed. I'm still so confused. But for some weird reason I don't regret it.I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket so I pick it up.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, want to hang out?" I hear Ashton's voice ask.

"Nah."

"C'mon. You haven't gone out of there since we went to Starbucks. Does this have to do with Ali?" he asks.I've told the boys about what happened the night of my birthday. They were shocked but said that they knew this would happen one day.

"No." I lie.

"Well, let's go somewhere then." Ashton suggests.

"Like where?"

"Club? Aaron's going today."

"Sure." I say after thinking about it. I guess it wouldn't be that bad.I hang up and start to get ready. I decide on wearing black jeans and a Nirvana T-Shirt. I sit back in the living room to wait for Ashton.After a while I think about what happened between me and Ali. No one has to know that I secretly enjoyed it, do they?