Chapter 24

Ali's POV

Work today hasn't been that busy. Only a few people came today, so I decide to go to the locker room  to take a quick break.

Once I get in the locker room I check my phone to see today is Luke's birthday. I'm still torn between going and not. It would be rude of me to not show up, but at the same time if I don't go they can't really blame me because I do have work.

Luke's POV

Once I was done getting ready I heard muffled screams from outside. I scrunch my eyebrows together and open the door. When I open the door I have to keep myself from smiling so big.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Luke. Happy birthday to you!" the boys yell holding out a cake.

"C'mon and blow out these candles!" Ashton says happily. I smile brightly and roll my eyes.

"Make a wish!" Calum says.

"Shut up." I mumble while blowing the candles. 

"Yay!" they all yell. We all go into the kitchen to eat the cake that they all bought for me.

I suddenly remember Ali. My smile fades and I continue to stuff cake in my mouth. If she was going to come I don't know how I would react. I would be happy of course, but only because the guys miss her so much.

"Let's watch a film before we go to the park!" Calum suggests.

"I'm ok with that." Michael says. We all go into the living room and put in a film. It wasn't the most fun thing to do, but I guess it was fine.

"You guys didn't really get beer did you?" I ask during the film.

"Of course we did." Ashton says.

I sigh and take out my phone.  I go onto Instagram and scroll through my feed due to being bored with the film, but one picture catches my eye. It's a picture of Skylar with Ali. The caption says: I miss this girl. She's the best <3

I feel something inside me bother me about seeing a picture of her. On the bottom right corner I see that Skylar tagged an account. I furrow my eyebrows together and tap the picture once to see Ali's account. I didn't know she had an account.

I press on the username and see all of her pictures load. I'm surprised that she has one because it seems like she wouldn't. I look at her most recent picture, but it was posted a long time ago. No wonder she didn't tell me. She doesn't even use it.

I scroll through all of her pictures. It was mostly pictures of instruments and famous people. I see a few pictures of herself and every time I saw one I caught myself starting at it longer than I should. Once I reach the end of her posts I see a video of her and a guitar. It looks like she's singing.

"What ya' doing?" Calum asks jumping on the space next to me on the couch as I'm about to click on it.

"Nothing." I say quickly turning off my phone.

"Let me see." he says pointing to my phone.

"What? No!" I protest. 

"What are you hiding?" he asks raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." I answer.

"Then let me see." he says holding out his hand.

"No, I'm not giving you my phone."

"Shh!" Ashton yells at us.

Calum pouts and I stick my tongue out in victory. He goes back sitting next to Michael so I take this chance to exit out of the app so no one sees that I was on her profile.