Chapter 32

Ali's POV

I don't know how to feel right now. I'm not even sure what Luke meant when he told me how he felt. He sounded confused, just as confused as I am about him. I hate him so much, and he is beyond annoying, but he's right. When we're alone there's something I never felt before and it drives me crazy because I don't know if it's bad or good. It feels like I'm going to burst at any moment, but at the same time I feels right.

"Um, Ali." Luke says as we near his apartment.

"Yeah?" I ask a bit scared of what he'd say next.

"Are you still mad?" he asks.

"Oh, I am. Just at you though." I say honestly. Even though he was drunk it was uncalled for. He has to learn to control himself.

"Oh. I really am sorry." he says sincerely.

"I know you are, and I forgive you. It's just that you're a douche bag." I say while chuckling. He laughs nervously unsure if he should laugh along.

"Am I really that bad?" he asks.

"Well, you're not that bad, but you're bad." I say not really knowing how to explain it.

"Jeez, thanks. I guess." he says with a chuckle as we exit the car.

I came to a decision that I'll be friends with them. Let them be a part of my life. But I am still going to keep my guard up. It's going to be hard letting them into my life, but I'm going to have to try because honestly I think they are going to be in my life one way or another.

"They're all worried that you don't like them anymore." Luke says as we enter the apartment complex.

"Really? Oh, god. I still like them." I say honestly.

"Then why'd you try to avoid us all the time?" he asks. If I'm going to have more of these serious talks I think I'm going to explode.

"I didn't avoid you guys." I lie.

"You are such a liar." he chuckles.

"Oh, whatever." I say.Once we reach his floor I begin to feel nervous. What if they all turn against me and want me to leave? What if they realize that I really am only trouble? What if it's too late and they're all are sick of me?

"We're here." Luke says as he closes the door behind us entering his apartment.I can hear all of them talking in the living room. My hands begin to sweat and I start to get even more nervous than a minute ago. Anything can go wrong from here.

"What do you mean 'we'?" Jess asks walking over to the door.

"Hi." I manage to say when she's in our line of vision.

"Ali? Oh my god!" she screams running towards me embracing me in a big tight hug.

"Ali's here?" I hear Michael's voice ask.

"I thought you didn't like us anymore!" she whines still hugging me tight.

"How could I stay away?" I ask regaining my balance.

"Hey guys." I say stepping into the living room.

"Hey Ali!" Calum says already walking towards me and gives me a big hug.

"I'm sorry for blowing up at you the other day." I say into his shoulder.

"It's fine." he says letting go of me and then pinches my cheek.When we're done with our hello's we decide to order pizza and watch a film. Even though it's a typical night I wouldn't have it any other way.

"So, Ali. You and Luke kissed?" Skylar asks me during the film.

"How'd you know about that?" I ask almost choking on air.