Chapter 3

Ali's POV

I moan when I feel the vibrating of my phone causing me to wake up. Unlocking it, I see that it's 3PM.

I go into my texts and relax a little when I see it's from Jay.

Status Update?

I feel myself smile a little. It feels like forever ago since I last talked to him. I love him so much, I don't know what I would have done without him.

I have the apartment and job (:

When I send the message I feel my stoamch growl. I begin to stand up and get some food but realize I have none so I quickly text him another message.

I have no food though. ):

While walking over to the fridge I see that it doesn't provide water. I sigh and open it only to be greeted with cool air and no food. My phone vibrates inside my pocket as I close it.

Good luck dying from starvation (:

I can't help but laugh at his reply. That's good old Jay for you.

Whatever. I'll talk to you later when I'm done with work

- - - -

I walk into the store at 3:40 and immediately see Luke working with a raging 10 year old. I walk a little closer so I can hear their conversation.

"What do you mean you don't know where Justin Bieber is?” the little girl screams.

"I mean, I don't know where Justin's album is!" Luke yells back in defense. I can't help but stifle a laugh. This is priceless.

I walk over to the Pop section and go through the J's finally finding Justin. There's Journals, Believe, and Under the Mistletoe. Not knowing which one she wanted, I decide to take one of each of the albums and walk over to where the little girl and Luke is arguing, and by the looks of it the little girl is winning.

Once I make it to their aisle the little girl kicks him in the sensitive spot so I speed walk towards them before anymore damage can be caused. I kneel down beside the little girl to be eye leveled with her while Luke tries not to scream in pain.

"Hey there, I found Justin Bieber albums for you." I say smoothly and show her all three of them. "Which one would you like?" I ask with a smile causing her to smile back at me.

"Thank you." She says with a huge smile as she takes the Journals album.

"No problem." I feel Luke's eyes on us as we speak so I cover my mouth with my hand acting like I'm telling her a secret. "I'm sorry for him. He's a bit, well, strange." I say in a whisper. She giggles a little.

"Alright kid, go to your mommy." Luke says a bit annoyed. I look up at him to see he's making a silly face at the little girl as she does the same to him then runs of in a hurry.

"You were supposed to be here 3 hours ago." he says turning to me trying to sound stern.

“How was I supposed to know that?” I ask not really caring.

"O-oh. Well you do now. Tomorrow be here by 11 AM." he says scratching the back of his neck.

"Ok, so what will I be doing?" I ask crossing my arms. He looks around the store.

"Well, first you can put all the albums back in alphabetical order, the customers keep mixing them up." he says looking at the mess the customers made.

"Sure thing." I say looking at it too. This will take a while.

"Thanks." Luke says walking to the cash register.