Chapter 6

Ali's POV

After school Luke drives me home and I go into my apartment to finish some homework.

Yes, I do homework. I'm actually smart. When I do go to school I practically fall asleep because I already know everything they talk about.

"You do homework?" Luke chuckles. "I thought you were the kind of girl that doesn't do homework."

"For your information I'm smart."  I say back unlocking my door. 

"You can do homework in my apartment if you want." Luke offers.

"Nah, I only work in silence."

When I finish all of my homework I carefully put them back in a folder and pack up everything else into my backpack. As I'm about to go into my room I hear a knock on my door.

"Hey." 

"Hey, Luke."

"We're all in my apartment. Do you still want to come over?" He askes smiling.

"Yeah sure." I say stepping out of my apartment and locking the door.

"Cool." he says as we walk the short trip to his door. He knocks on the door and we wait to be answered.

"Isn't this your apartment?" I ask.

"Yeah, so?" He asks.

"Don't you have the key?" I ask.

"You know, you'd think I would." He says causing me to laugh. Liam opens the door short after to let us in.

"Hey!" Calum says from the couch. "Did you like your first day of school?" I sit next to him and I see Zayn sit on the couch across from us with Niall and Michael, looking at me.

"Yeah it was cool." I say still looking at Zayn. 

"Hey, Zayn! Come here!" Ashton says from the kitchen with Luke. Zayn turns his head and looks back at me smiling again then leaves.

"Hey, Ali?" Calum says tapping my shoulder.

"Yeah?" I ask turning to him.

"Are you taking a fancy to Zayn Malik?" he asks teasingly.

"I just met the guy." I protest.

"Good, because him, and the others are moving back to England.” He says.

“England?” I repeat.

“Yeah, they just came over for the year.” Calum explains.

“Cool.”

Luke's POV

"Hey, what’s up?" Zayn asks.

"What pizza do you want?" Ashton asks.

"Pepperoni." Zayn says happily hopping onto the counter. "Hey, Luke?"

"Yeah?" I say.

"Ali's hot." he says nodding his head toward her sitting next to Calum. 

"Don't pull her into your web, Zayn." I say playfully rolling my eyes at him.

"Don't worry I won't be. Plus you got dibs on her anyway." he says shrugging his shoulders.

"No I don't." I look over to Ali laughing with all of the guys.

I can tell she’s not as mean as she puts out to be. I’m not sure why she acts mean, but I know that’s not her.

"Jeez, you're such a girl. Get over her." Zayn says.

"I am over her!" I say defending myself. Zayn just rolls his eyes. 

"I finished ordering pizza. It should be here soon." Ashton says. Zayn leaves going to join the group with Ashton now following. I lean against the counter and sigh.

"Get over her." I say mocking Zayn's voice. "I am over her." I say to myself taking a sip of soda.

Ali's POV

Zayn and Ashton come over and sits with us. Zayn sitting next to me on the couch with Calum, Liam, and Louis. Ashton sitting on the floor with Harry, Niall and Michael near us. We're all talking about how Mrs.Chanle has a double chin. Which I can't really take a part of because I don't know who she is.

"Don't worry, I don't know who Mrs.Chanle is either." he whispers to me leaning back on the couch while wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"You been in this school longer than I have and you don't know who she is?" I ask taking his arm off of me.

"Yeah, I don't interact with teachers." he says while shrugging his shoulders. 

"Guys stop flirting! It's pizza time!" Niall screams from the dining room.

"We aren't flirting." I say standing up going toward the kitchen with Zayn following me. 

"Shh, Niall I'm working on it." Zayn says playfully putting his arm around my shoulders. I roll my eyes teasingly at his lame line.

"Whatever." I say pushing him away. He laughs at me and so do I.

We all talk and laugh while eating which is weird to me. I never really ate with a lot of people. The only people I ate with peacefully with was Jay. This, sitting with people happily eating a meal is so foreign to me.

"So, Ali tell us about yourself." Liam says. I feel my hands sweat and my mind go blank.

"Um, what do you want to know?" I ask. I feel my hands trembling. Even though I'm nervous I won't show it.

"Where are you from?" Louis asks.

"America."

"I thought so. Your accent gives it away." Niall says.

"You're accent gives you away too." I laugh shaky. "Are you Irish?"

"Yep, I'm proud to be." he smiles. 

"Why did you move here?" Ashton asks me and I kind of felt a jolt in me, but I keep calm.

"I wanted new surroundings." I say, that wasn’t a complete lie.

"When were you born?" Harry asks.

"December tenth." they all nod. "I love winter."

"Winter is beautiful." Liam says.

"Plus no bugs!" Michael says cheerfully. I laugh and agree. I go to throw away my paper plate away in the kitchen and I can feel someone behind. I turn around and bump into Calum. 

"Oops, sorry." I say getting out of his way. 

"It's ok," he says, "are you ok?" 

"Um, yeah. Why?" I ask resting my elbow on the counter. I feel my hands sweat again.

"I could tell that you were a bit shaky over there." he said tilting his head toward the table.

"Oh, well I'm fine." I say smiling at him.

"Ok, well let's get going back then." He says.

As both of us sit down I say, "Now that you guys know some stuff about me, tell me about yourselves."

"Well, Me Calum, Michael and Luke are in a band." Ashton says. 

"In a band? What do you do?" I ask Ashton. 

"Well we all sing." he states. "I also play drums."

"Me and Luke plays guitar." Michael says.

"I play bass." Calum says.

"Really?" I ask. "I got to admit that’s pretty cool." I smile.

"Do you do any instruments?" Niall asks me.

"Well, I play a few." I answer him. "But I'm not really serious about it."

When we finish eating we all watch a film, but we end up talking through the whole thing. I feel weird that I'm the only girl here, but at least I'm not alone.