Chapter 51

Ali's POV

**A year later**

"Ali! Ali!" I hear Leo yell from our house.

"Yeah?" I yell back.

"What are you doing there? You can't miss your graduation!" he says.

"Hold on! I just wanted to swim for a while!"

"Come on! You have to take a shower and change!"

"Okay! Okay!" I say beginning to run to the house.

We managed to get a new house in California. It's on the beach, and we have a bunch of nice neighbors. Leo slowly became a lawyer. He said that he wanted to help people like us. I thought it was a good idea, and so did Nikki. Nikki became an art teacher in a high school level, which fit her perfectly. She ended up teaching in the high school I go to.

"Ali! I came in to check up on you on your big day!" Mr. Jefferson, or Officer Jefferson, says shaking my wet hair.

"Thanks Mr. Jefferson." I say with a bright smile.

"I've told you before to just call me Paul." He says. "Now go on and get ready."

We met Paul the day John got arrested. He was the officer that questioned us. He ended up checking up on us a lot. We found it annoying the first couple weeks, but we realized that he felt sorry for us. He told us one day that he was so shocked when he saw us for the first time. He couldn't wrap his head around how much we've been through and how young we are. He helped us for the last five months. He moved with us to California. We told him he didn't have to, but he insisted.

When I finished showering I put on my bright blue tube dress on. I sit down on my vanity and put mascara and a thin line of eye liner on. I decided to put on a light coat of lip gloss as well. I smiled at my reflection. I could finally truly say that I'm happy now.

I stand up and as I was about to leave my room I glanced over to my digital clock on my night stand near my bed. It's still a little early, so I smile to myself and get out my guitar and sit on my bed.

"Oh my god I'm such a terrible mess," I begin to sing Sick Little Games by All Time Low. It was the first song that came to mind.

"They're finding me out, I'm having my doubts. I'm losing the best of me." I sing. I hear someone open my door, but I don't look up to see who it was.

"We're all part of the same, sick little games. And I need a getaway. I'm wasting my days, I throw them away. Losing it all to the sick little games." I say.

I stop singing and look to my side to see Leo. He smiled at me which I gladly returned. I told him that I wanted to become big in the musical industry. Even if it wasn't for singing or playing guitar. I expected him to freak out and say no, but he agreed. He told me that I can, but if it doesn't work out I have to have a plan B.

"Oh," I say, "After the graduation I'm going straight to the diner. So, I won't be home till later."

"That's alright. Just don't go making trouble." Leo says messing my hair up.

"I don't think that's possible." I say with a smile.

The day we moved in we saw this diner near the house. It's small, but it has the best French Fries I ever tasted. I met my first friends there. Beth and Brandon. They go to my school too, so they were more than happy to show me around. We made the diner and the beach our little hang out.

"Let's go!" Nikki says from downstairs. Both of us head outside into the car. Nikki in the passenger seat, Leo driving and Paul sitting next to me.