Chapter 10

Ali's POV

I got out of the bathroom with my hair wrapped up in a towel. I enter the kitchen and get an energy bar. I'm wearing ripped skinny jeans and a long sleeved plain white shirt tucked in my jeans and made it baggy along with some bracelets.

As I'm eating my energy bar the events of what happened last night come back to me. I then choke on a chunk of my energy bar and pour myself a glass of water and chug it all down. 

"Are you ok?" I turn around to see Luke ready to leave. He walked into the kitchen getting an energy bar too.

"Yeah." I then walk out of the kitchen sitting at the table drinking more water. 

We don't talk on the way to school and it is very awkward. I turn on the radio, but it didn't do any help. I look out the window and look at all the people passing us by. It's weird to think that one of them could be having the best day of their life or the worst. 

Luke parks at the usual spot he parks at but he didn't get out. I kind of stay there awkwardly because I know what's going to happen right now. 

"Ali," he sighs, "about last night. I hope I didn't make you feel awkward. I don't know what came over me." I swing my head to look at him and he does too.

"It's ok. Let's just pretend that didn't happen." I say.

"Yeah." He says.

"I bet this kind of things happen a lot." I say trying to lighten the mood and I hit him playfully on his arm and get out of the car. He doesn't get out right away but I just leave him alone and walk inside of the school.

----

We're playing volleyball in gym and all three of my girls are in my gym class. This is how I met them. We decided to be in the same team along with some other girls. We start to play and I swear me, Andy, Jess, and even Skylar are doing all the work. The other girls aren't doing anything. The ball would go directly to them, but they would dodged it.

We get to sit on the bleachers to wait to do another game so we decide to talk. By talking I mean Skylar and Andy arguing about something me and Jess don't understand.

"So, are we going to your apartment today?" Jess asks me. 

"No, I got evicted." I say. 

"What?" she asks concerned. "Where are you staying?"

"Luke's." I say. 

"Oh ok," she nods, "wait, what?" she asks. I guess she didn't process it at first.

"I'm staying at Luke's apartment." I say again not making a big deal out of it.

"Um, he doesn't mind, does he?" she asks.

"No, he's the one that offered. Why?" I ask.

"Well you two don't exactly get along." she says a little quieter.

"Yeah," I sigh, "well, better than nothing." I say. She shrugs agreeing with me and we continue to listen to Andy and Skylar’s argument. When they finish I think Andy won because she has a smile on her face and Skylar is pouting. The bell rings and I decide to ditch school. This is about the fifth time I did this. I should get a metal. That isn't nearly as much as I did in my other school

Luke's POV

I, the boys, and Ali's friends are heading out of the school as we always do when the school day ends.

"Where's Ali?" Calum asks Andy.

"Oh, she ditched school." she says shrugging her shoulders like it was normal.