Chapter 5

Ali's POV

I wake up to the sound of pounding on my door. I sigh and force myself out of bed to answer the door.

"Hold on! I'm coming!" I yell angrily at the door.

"What do you want?" I ask opening the door to see Luke.

"Why aren't you ready?" Luke sighs.

"Ready for what?" I yawn leaning against the door frame.

"School."

“Yeah, I’m not going there.” I say beginning to close the door, but he pushes it back open with his hand.

“What do you mean you’re not going?” He asks.

“I mean, I’m not attending school.” I say.

“But you need to.” He says.

“Oh, suddenly now you know what’s best for me?” I ask crossing my arms.

“Just shut up, and get your ass ready.” He says.

"Fine." I say not in the mood to argue anymore. I leave the door open to let Luke in and I take a quick shower.

----

"You're apartment is so empty." Luke says as we enter his car.

"I've only been living there for three days. Of course it's empty." 

We stay silent for the majority of the time with the radio blasting. He's car is surprisingly clean. It almost looks new if it wasn't for the tiny scratches on the door handles.

"Hey, if you want you can hang out with me at school." Luke suggests. "If you want."

"Sure I guess." I say. Honestly, I never had a real friend except for Jay. 

"What's your schedule?" He asks. I pull out my schedule from my pocket and look at it. 

"I have Mr. Sanchez for homeroom." I say observing the piece of paper.

"Cool. One of my friends have that homeroom." he says.

"What's his name?"

"Calum." That's an interesting name. "We're here." he mumbles.

Once I get out of the car everyone is outside waiting to be let in the school.

"Hey guys!" Luke says heading towards a group under the shade of a tree. I follow him there kind of awkwardly standing there. "This is Ali. She's an exchange student." he says introducing me. "This is Calum." Luke says putting his hand on Calum's back. "Calum she's in your homeroom."

"Hi." I say shaking his hand. He smiles at me.

"I'm Michael." the boy next to Calum says extending his hand to me. I gladly shake it.

"Nice hair." I say noticing his faint purple dye.

"Thanks." He says with a smile.

"Ashton." the boy beside Michael says.

"Nice to meet you guys." I say to them giving them a smile. 

I hear a bell ring which I assume is the bell that indicates that school is starting. "Let's go." Calum says putting his arm around me.

I surprisingly make it to lunch without dropping dead. I see Luke at a table with five additional people including the three I met before.

"Hey, how's your day so far?" Luke asks me as I walk over to them. 

"Boring." I say sitting down.

"Hey, you're Ali right?" the boy across from me says.

"Who are you?" I ask that probably sounded rude, but really just out of curiosity.

"I'm Harry." he says holding out his hand, I shake it.

"I'm Niall." the boy says next to Harry. "That's Liam." He points to the boy sitting on the other side of Harry. "And Louis." he points to the boy sitting next to Liam.

"Hi." Liam and Louis says smiling. I return it with a nod and hey.

"And I'm Zayn." the boy beside me says holding out his hand. As I shake it his sleeve rides up his arm a little revealing tattoos which I find attractive.

"Hey." I say flatly.

"Ali, we're all hanging out after school at my apartment. You want to come?" Luke asks sitting beside me. 

"Yeah, you should come." Zayn says from the other side of me smiling.

"I’ll pass.” I say.

“Why? We don’t bite.” Liam says.

“Oh, but she does.” Luke says.

“Oh, shut up.” I say rolling my eyes.

“You should come. At least for a few minutes.” Calum says. It baffles me how nice they are.

“Alright.” I say unsurely.

"Great, are you ok with pizza tonight again?" Luke asks.

"Yeah, that'll be great." I say.

I look over to a wall that's made of glass so you can see the outside where tables are with a couple students sitting outside eating their lunch.

"I'll be right back." I say exiting the building.

Once I'm outside I see a little passage way that's hidden by a few trees. I look around me to see if anyone is staring at me, and when I see no one I quickly walk into it hoping for some privacy. I look around me again to see if the coast is clear, and when I see that it is I reach into my pocket to get my pack of cigarettes. I light it up and lean against the school wall.

"Hey there." I quickly put my hand down to attempt to hide my cigarette. 

"Oh, it’s just you." I say putting the cigarette in between my lips and blowing out. 

"You smoke?" he asks.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me, Zayn." I say looking away from him.

"Mysterious. I like that." he says leaning on the wall opposite from me.

"Shut up." I say playfully blowing out more smoke. 

"Can I have one?" Zayn asks. I look at him surprised.

"You smoke?" I ask giving him a cigarette. He puts it in between his lips and lights it then blows out.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me, Ali." He smirks winking at me.