Chapter 11

Ali's POV

I stare at my reflection in the cracked mirror telling myself to keep it together. I feel my eyes sting from tears. I take a deep breath and tend to my bleeding face. Where there isn't long, bleeding cuts there's dark purple bruises. I go into the shower and wince once the water starts to pour on my weak body.  I only rinse my body with the cold water for five minutes because the pain is just too much. I put on fresh clothes and go into my room. I slowly lay down trying to hold in screams of pain. Not too long until Leo comes into my room.

"Hey." Leo says softly. He takes out the chair tucked under my desk and sits next to me. "Are you ok?" he asks looking at all the cuts and bruises.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I whisper.

"No you're not." he whispers back. We both stare at each other for a while. I can see his eyes full of tears.

"Why does John take it easy on you?" I ask. The worst John ever did to Leo was slap him.

"I don't know," he whispers smoothly, "but I would take your place in a heartbeat."

"I wouldn't let you." I whisper back. Tears start to fall slowly from his face. "Don't cry." I say with tears falling down my face.

"You don't deserve this." he says wiping tears away. The next day he was gone.

I wake up drenched in tears. I sit up and try to comprehend what just happened. I sit crisscross and rest my elbows on my knees then burry my face in my hands.

"God, it was a dream." I whisper to myself. I look over to my clock to see it was about 10:50 AM. I hear a movie playing and some voices. I get up and go into the bathroom to wash up. I don't bother to look in the mirror. I despise all the scars and bruises that cover all over me. Some scars faded put still stained my body.

After I finished I put on some pajama pants and a baggy shirt. By this point I unpacked my stuff and put my clothes in the closet and drawers. It's still a little weird that I'm living here. I been looking for some apartments. I told Jay about my situation and he wasn't too happy about it. He calmed down after a while and I told him that I was going to take care of it. I would move in with Jay now that he's here, but he already he's rooming with the guy he met in the airport. I met up with Jay a couple of times. We just hung out making trouble where ever we went. It's nice to have him here. I feel safer knowing that he's here. 

I hear yelling so I come out of my room to see that all of the boys are crowded around the wall in the dining room. 

"What happened?" I ask joining them.

"Michael here threw that toy sword and made this huge mark on the wall." Luke explained. It is a huge mark.

"I did not. It was Calum's fault." Michael says pointing at him. 

"Don't blame this one me!" Calum yells. I look at the mark on the white wall. 

"You can make something out of it." I suggest not knowing what I'm getting into. Luke turns his head to look at me with a weird expression. 

"Like what?" Luke asks. I look back at the mark and think for a while. 

"A wish wall?" I suggest. Jay and I made on back in New York at a park. It was pretty nice. A bunch of people would come over and write their own wishes.

"That sounds girly." Luke complains. 

"It is not! I did it with Jay in New York. It's pretty neat."

"Well, tell us what a wish wall is." Ashton says. I look at the mark a little longer before I respond.

"It's when you write 'I Wish' in big letters then write stuff you wish about around it." I say.