Chapter 8: Arriving at Mt. Ordonia

Arriving at Mt. Ordonia

Francisca's POV

We arrived at the Ordonia temple.

What are in this bag?! Its... so... heavy.

"Here let me carry that for you." (John)

I gave him a smile as a thanks. John blushes a little.

"Hahaha! I'm not going to be left behind big sis! That's why I begged my mom to bring me here! " 

That voice sounded familiar.

I turned around and saw my other cousin Kathryn Cassandra Snow. Kc for short.

For all the readers wondering who she is check chapter 7 and you'll see her first appearance.

"Who is she? Is she a threat?" John said with a scary look. Slowly moving his hand into the handle of his sword.

She's a little girl? How can you see her as a threat?

"No, no it's fine she's my cousin don't tell her about the accident though I don't want her to worry." 

"So that's your new body guard? Hmph challenge me guard!" (Kc)

There she goes again.

She challenges whoever it is that is close to me but I don't know why?

"I know I might not look like it but I'm a strong mage just like big sis I can use the water, dark and ice element so prepare yourself" (Kc)

"Were here to train not fight. "

"I'm sorry big sis." 

She made a sad face I couldn't resist.

"D-Don't worry I'm not that mad." 

"But still isn't it strange why would ma'am gabby send us here after all that happened." (John)

"After all that happened? " (Kc)

"I mean after meeting john... Right?! " I gave a glare at john.

"Yes, miss is completely right!" (John)

I think it has something to do that night. Mom really wanted to help me with my dream.

A man came walking in front of us he bowed and said.

"Welcome to the Ordonia temple. Are you the snow family?" A man who looks like a monk said.

"Yes we are." 

"Well, well they sent us children rather than teenagers they want us to polish they're skills. My name is Joshua Ordonia." (Joshua)

So this guys name is Joshua though he looks some kind of familiar.

"Follow me." (Joshua)

Joshua gave us a tour of the temple.

*bed room*

"Here you girls will share a room. " (Joshua)

Its kinda bit of normal. My house was way more bigger than this temple, but hey don't judge anything because of they're looks.

"And gentlemen that way."

"As long as I know where the ladies are, for I shall protect them."

*kitchen*

"Wow now this one of my favorite tourist spot in the world. The kitchen of course." 

"You will prepare your own food and collect you're ingredients in the mountains." (Joshua)

*training room*

"This is where you three will train. Not with just magic power and spells but also martial arts. What's the point of chanting if you don't even know how to protect yourself. If you ran out of magic power then just use the arts of fighting." (Joshua)

"When do we start training?" 

"Now." Joshua said with a smile.

************************************

"Now what you need first is balance."

Oh come on this is old fashion training put a bucket with water on your head and hold plants on your hand.
KC is doing fine, john is well he suck at balance while I did great.

30 minutes later

"Good Job now we will go to the main temple." (Joshua)

"Main temple?, so that means this is just a part of the temple?" (John)

"Yes this is just the west side of the temple. There are 5 parts. The west, south, east, middle and north." (Joshua)

I take back what I said about my house being bigger.

"The main temple is also the middle part." (Joshua)

One walk later.

I thought were going to walk forever. This temple is as big as MOA (Mall of Asia). Kinda reminds me of my field trip on 7th grade.

Wait I saw something. I saw guys with bruises. Blood. On that room.

I ignored it and continued walking.

"Now. Here on the main temple we train with weapons. Choose your weapon. It can be anything swords, bow, spears and many more." (Joshua)

"I'll choose this." John took the sword.

"And I'll choose this." KC chose the bow.

"What is your weapon of choice miss francisca?" Joshua said.

I looked at the weapon they are swords, bows and arrows, oh shuriken, spears and boy many more but I don't know the name. Oh a katana I practice kendo when I was at a business trip in Japan so I know how to use this weapon. I chose the katana.

"You all know how to use your chosen weapons?" (Joshua)

After asking that question KC targeted the dummy. It was a headshot. John cutted the head of the dummy. And I aimed at the chest of the dummy and I strived my katana in that exact place.

"Seems like we have quite the prodigies. Now come at me with all your might." (Joshua)

"Seriously?! On the first day of training we have to fight you?" (John)

"Is there something wrong with that?"
(Joshua)

"This is something to be expected john. Mom didn't send us here if this wasn't a strict temple and hard core teachers. Did you have a look around? This place might be beautiful but I saw guys with bruises and blood. Just because were kids doesn't mean they're gonna have mercy on us. They train us fair and square. No matter the age or gender." 

"Now I like how you think kid! Now come at me." (Joshua)

John attacked first on the first swing of his sword that joshua guy dodged it. While he was distracted with John KC took the shot and it aimed at Joshua. KC's arrow was stopped, he caught the arrow. John caught Joshua holding both of his arms while I attacked and aimed at his chest. I'm not gonna kill him I'll just aim at the place. Before I can even aim he disappeared . He threw smoke bombs and kicked john and the only thing that was left was a part of a wood. This is the substitution technique. I have seen that used by my sensei back in Japan.

"You guys are awesome you almost caught me. I'm certainly impressed. I'm going to have fun. Come at me!"
Joshua said.

He was hiding at a pot of plant near the weapon area, that monkey! I'm going to have a lot of fun here.

"John, KC let's get that guy!"

"Right back at ya big sis. " KC said.

"As you wish my lady." John said.

We came attacking john. This is going to be much more fun than I thought.