Chapter 58: Rose Festival [1/3]

3rd Person's POV

''This will be your hotel. I'll handle your papers with your wyvern. There are still two more days for the preparation of the [Rose Festival] you can enjoy the scenery of our kingdom.''

Fredrick the knight said as he opened the door to the hotel room compressing the walls of dark oak wood and smooth marble floor. Having to take care of the papers, she felt stress-free as she no longer has to think about that and that she only has to think about her teleportation marks on where she should put it. 

''Thank you. I appreciate your help guiding me around the capital town, Fredrick.'' 

She said as she sat down the comfortable bed with blue linings that made her body feel comfortable. Since she has been traveling for quite a while her back felt sore laying and sleeping the itchy grass of the countless forests they had to set out for camp. ''If you need anything else I'm afraid you would need to explore the town for a bit and know your way yourself. I deeply apologize for leaving you unattended since you saved the prince's and my life. We are humbly in your gratitude.'' (Fredrick) said with a small frown onto his face. 

''It is rather fine. Looks may deceive you, Fredrick but my intelligence is of rivals an adult. I can take care of myself and please, I hope to see you at the festival when I compete.'' (Francisca) said reassuring Fredrick's mind that his frown was completely gone. 

He trusted this peculiar child that saved his life. Fredrick was supposed to be stationed wherever the first prince went. Of course, he asked permission from the first prince if he can at least help their savior to get settled in at their kingdom. ''To hope I can see you as well, dear child. What is your name if it is late to ask of you?''

''Francisca.'' She replied not hesitating. Fredrick grew curious about his theory about her last name. ''If it may be alright, can you tell me your last name?'' 

Francisca twitched. She didn't know if the Snow Clan had some bad reputation around here... Being a clan of trained assassins that she didn't partake too, of course, some people will chase away with the Snow Family name or hire them. It might as well depend on the latter. 

Knowing what Fredrick said about her, the way she fought between those bandits, of course, he noticed that this was the fighting style of her foster mother. Gabby Snow. The heiress, but a runaway and a scalawag to their family. Escaping and ending their ties with the clan they were esteemed traitors. 

Why wouldn't they just change their names you might ask?

It was of no use, she was already known for her volunteer work at helping save humanity's life of the portal incident that was endangering their world Morfus. The citizen's outlook on Gabby was different. However, the clan was still the same cold-blooded and no mercy folks. 

''I cannot share you my last name. Forgive me.'' She said with her head bowing down slightly. Francisca was hoping that he did not offend the gallant knight by not saying her last name. She was just afraid she'll gain attention or something and that was the last thing she wanted in her situation. 

''It is rather all right. I suppose you couldn't be possibly acquainted by that clan. Just a simple hunch.'' (Fredrick) chuckled as Francisca sweatdropped because she felt like this was a warning. ''In any case, I'll leave you be. Enjoy your stay.''

His footsteps were echoing throughout the room, the floor was slightly shaking due to his heavy armor and he barely fit the door when he was exciting. He saluted and closed the door gently so that he wouldn't have made any noise to disturb the other guests.