Chapter 53: The Four Spirits Within

Francisca's POV

I was in a deep dark place again... I couldn't make out of anything here. 

''Francisca...'' (???)

Wait... Did someone just call me?

''?!''

I turned around to every corner as someone said my name... What the hell... I can't stand ghosts. It better be a freaking person. 

''Who the hell are you. Show yourself.''

I tried to make up anything under all this darkness. The place suddenly went brighter, it was so bright I needed to cover my eyes and waited until the light faded.

*Honk Honk*

There was a car horn noise nearby... Wait, A car?! I quickly uncovered my eyes and tried to see.

''?!''

Japan?!

''Watch it, kid! Get out of the road!''

In front of me was a car honking right at me. I-I'm back at Earth? 

*Honk Honk*

I heaved and my thoughts were stopped by a few moments by a sudden car honking yet again. The driver pulled down his wing shield and waved off his hand as if he was telling me to move. I was too shocked to even move. I-I'm really home. 

''T-Tokyo...''

Was all that reincarnation and magic just a dream? Was the God of Reincarnation fake? I didn't want to be reincarnated again so I decided to move away from the highway... There were people glancing around but I wouldn't blame them if there was suddenly a teenager in the middle of a highway. Most people would think it was a suicidal act. Japan has one of the highest suicide accidents in the world after all. 

''Francisca.'' (???)

?!

I quickly looked around again. Who's voice was calling my name? The place was getting crowded too full and I was being lost in the sea of people. 

''Who are you?! What the fuck do you want from me?!''

I was still being pulled by the sea of people and it's making me hard to breath. It was so hot... I inspected my surroundings... and as I glance around, I saw mages?

No, I was half right.

There were a few anime cosplayers dressed up as mages and other fictional anime characters as well. Is that why there were so many people today? Was there an anime event for this many people to gather?! 

I had to struggle, pushing and shoving everyone around me to at least find a safe spot for me to think this through. I wonder if I can even use magic in here...

I took in a deep breath and concentrated my mana into the ground. I'll try paralyzing everyone near me. '[Paralyze].'

The crowd didn't get paralyzed. My spell didn't have any effect?! But I chanted [Paralyze]?! 

I clicked my tongue and started pushing people out of my way. I tried to be as much gentle as I can with them but I can't say the same how they are with me.