4. Perfect Day

The next morning at about 10 I could hear my phone beeping. I picked it up and there was a message from "Babe" which was obviously Neil. I opened it and it said "When I met you girl my heart went knock knock, now them butterflies in my stomach won't stop stop. I miss my girl, let's meet? Pleaseeeeee?" He was so adorable. I woke up smiling and replied back saying "Morning baby! I've been thinking about you all night yesterday! Let's meet, I can't wait to see you."

I got up ,brushed, got into the shower and curled my hair. I wore my purple dress which came above my knees. It was backless and it revealed just enough. I was leaving my room when Dad stopped me. "You look nice Riley" he smiled. What the fuck was happening. Was he drunk or something? Did he actually say I looked nice? "Thanks dad, I'm going out with Neil, I'll be back by 4" I said smiling. "What's Neil's last name?" He said. "Giles" "Alright honey. Have fun! Just remember to come see me once you're home, I need to speak to you" he kissed me on my forehead and I left. I was confused. Had he changed? Why, did he suddenly care about me?

I walked out the door and got another message from Neil. "Hey beautiful, you look sexy in that dress. Turn around." I was turning red. He was so so sweet. I turned and there he was looking flawless as usual. His hair was a little messed up and he wore a grey V neck T-shirt. I looked in his eyes and said "Hi baby, you don't look so bad yourself" and pecked his lips.

He picked me up by my waist and carried me to his car. I was wiggling in his arms and kept tickling him. he threw me onto the seat and got in himself. "Where would you like to go to ma'am?" "Anywhere my baby would like to take me. Someplace peaceful though." "Alright babe I know the perfect place!" We drove off. I laid my head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head. He told me a about the football game he had coming up soon. "Babe, you have got to come, I need your support while I play." "Of course baby, I'll be right there! When is it?" "15th at about 8pm! Please be there." "Yes baby don't worry."

We reached someplace on a height and he got out off the car. He opened my door and let me out. It seemed like we were the only two people there. The place was beautiful. There were trees all around and a small area surrounded by grass which had a small table with two toadstools. He led me there and we sat down.

I looked up and the sky was clear. It looked so beautiful. What topped it all off was that Neil was with me. The one I loved. We spoke all afternoon and ate a little of what Neil had got in a small basket. There was cake and he fed me some.

After we were done I got up and went over to him. "Baby, thank you so much for this. It was lovely. What have I done to get someone like you?" He Looked at me and moved my hair out of my face. He held my face and kissed me. My hands were shaking. He held them and hugged me tight. "I love you Riles." "I love you more Neil." We smiled and laid down on the grass.

We stared up into the sky and cuddled up. "I wish we could stay here forever" I said. "Hmm that would be nice." We interlaced our fingers and just laid there. My phone started ringing. Urgh! Why now? I picked it up and it was Nat. "Hey Nat, what are you up to?" "Hey Riley, I have so much to tell you, can I come over to your place in an hour?" She seemed upset. "Yeah sure Nat, I'll see you in an hour." I got up and told Neil we had to leave. I didn't want to but Nat needed me.

He dropped me off and kissed me. I kissed him back and said "Thank you for today baby. It was perfect." He hugged me and said "Thank you for being so perfect Riles, you deserve all the happiness in the world. You make me happy" "Bye baby I'll see you tomorrow in school, I love you so much!" I walked over to my door and rang the bell.

Dad opened the door. "Hey Riley! Did you have fun?" "Yes dad, it was wonderful." "Go change your clothes and come meet me in my room, alright?" He said. "Yeah sure dad I'll be there!" My day was good. No it was great! I met Neil and had an amazing time and then Dad was suddenly being super nice! Yay!

I went to my room, quickly slipped into my tracks and an oversized top and ran to my dad's room. "Hey dad, so tell me, what did you wanna say?"