48. Fishy

I heard a sound early in the morning and turned in my bed to check my phone.

"He confessed to killing Cam"

It was Natalie. Jake had apparently confessed. Something was very wrong. This was something I just couldn't believe. I had to go talk to Jake.

I freshened up and slipped into a pair of black jeans and the sleeveless blue top that Jake had got me. I locked the house and walked out. Natalie was already at the police station.

___

"I want to speak to Jake" I demanded. Detective Berman had to obey me, it was my right.

"Take her to him" he said to one of his men who looked extremely annoyed.

I entered a room and there was a phone kept on the table. There was a glass between Jake and I. I sat down and picked up the phone.

"Riley.." He said. "Hi" I said and smiled. "You heard?" He asked. "I did" I replied.

"Jake, I know you haven't killed Cameron, what's going on? This has got to be something serious." I said. "Ri, trust me, I'd rather be in this prison than risk.." He suddenly stopped speaking.

I felt like he had this reaction of revealing too much to me. I knew something was up, Jake was doing this on someone else's orders and I had to find out.

"I miss you." I whispered. "I can't help it..." He replied back. A tear rolled down my cheek, I wanted to hold him in my arms. I wanted the taste that only his lips allowed. I wanted him.

We looked into each other's eyes and just stared. "Ri.. Don't fight for me. You need to move on." He said and stood up. "Jake no, I love you" I yelled.

"Well, I don't." He said bluntly and left. I saw the guards follow him in and that was the last I saw of him.

He said he didn't love me.

What was happening?

I got out of the precinct and walked down the street. There was a man wearing a black shirt, following me. I wondered who he was but I had other things on my mind.

I got home and sat on the couch.

"Well, I don't" his words echoed in my ears.

__________________________

Hope y'all liked the chapter. Thank you so much for reading! I love you all, please vote and comment :) xoxo

___________________________