7. Angel

The next few days were rough. Dad was back to normal which meant the mean words were back. I hadn't spoken to Neil because he was too busy and I didn't want to seem jealous or clingy. Natalie had called a lot but I didn't once pick up.

I slept late that night just thinking about various things. It's was a long weekend and the day after the weekend was Neil's match where I would finally see him!

I woke up, stretched my arms and rushed for a bath. The hot water felt so good. I had a long, hair bath. I planned to stay at home the whole day so I just wore a pair of comfy shorts and Neil's jersey that he'd gifted me last month. It smelled like his cologne. It was perfect. I was really starting to miss him a lot now.

I heard my phone beep and there was a message from Neil! "Hey baby, how are you? We haven't spoken in ages!" I replied back saying "Hi babe, I miss you so much, I know, it's hard being away from you. :(" A few seconds later I got a message from him saying "Tomorrow, 7:30 pm I'm picking you up, be ready. I love you." Ahh I was finally meeting him. I let out a sigh of relief and texted back saying "Yay, I can't wait babe, see you, love you more."

I felt better now that I had spoken to Neil.

I sat on the bed and got my guitar out and tuned it. I cleared my throat. "So its Bm, then A and then D, alright..." I said to myself and started singing "I've said it once and I'll say it again, I've got something hanging over my head. I was laying on your shoulder, perfectly content.. Until you told me all over again." I changed the strumming pattern and jumped to the chorus. "But you say, we don't mess around, you've got no freedom to come down.. We don't take angels from the sky-y-y-y, oh no."

Every time I sang or played my guitar, I felt calm and dedicated. Music was, is and will always be my first love. I practiced a few exercises relating to my vocal chords and played another song. Angel was my favorite song at the moment. Kate Voegele. Her voice was angelic. I kept my guitar aside and got up to go for lunch.

Dad was already at the table. "Sit down Riley." I went and sat beside him, feeling a little bit scared. We ate lunch without another word. I was just getting up to go back to my room when I felt and tight grip on my hand. It was my dad. "Ouch, you're hurting me." I said. "Riley, why won't you listen to me? When will you ever be of any use? Just go and find out a little about his company!" He was screaming. He held my hand tighter.

"Dad please, no. I cannot do that. You want me putting Neil's dad's company in jeopardy so that your company can get money? Why is everything about money? Gosh. LEAVE MY HAND." I screamed back. He got extremely angry and raised his hand. He slapped me across my face and screamed. "YOU ARE USELESS. YOU'RE GROUNDED FOR A WEEK NOW! NO GOING ANYWHERE!" He threw me against the door. I felt the pain going through my back. I picked myself up and ran to my room.

BreathlessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara