38. Parker Records

_____________________________

I want to dedicate this chapter to one of my closest friends, Denise! I love you so much and thank you for reading! It means a lot xoxo!

_____________________________

"We clawed we chained our hearts in pain, we jumped never asking why. We kissed, I fell under your spell of love, no one could deny." I sang softly holding the mic to my mouth.

"Don't you ever say, I just walked away, I will always want you. I can't live a lie running for my life I will always want you."

"I came in like a wrecking ball. I never hit so hard in love! All I wanted was to break your walls, all you ever did was wreck me.. Yeah you, you wrecked me."

I closed my eyes and sang my heart out. Immediately Neil's face flashed in front of my eyes.

"I put you high up in the...." I went lower before someone cut me off. "Cameron! You found her!" I heard a deep voice saying. I opened my eyes but there was no one in the room.

A few seconds later, Cam ran into the room and said, "What are you doing in here?" He asked impatiently.

"I'm sorry..I.. I didn't mean to.." I said frightened as the same deep voice cut me off again. It was coming from a speaker in the ceiling. "Cameron get her in here."

Cam led me into a huge room with lights in every corner and a desk at the centre. I was made to wait there till I was given further instructions. Cam sat beside me and waited too.

"Why are we here?" I asked. "My boss' son has asked for a particular girl to sign for the label. He heard her sing sometime when he was on vacation but hasn't given us any details about her name or her address." He said as his eyebrows came closer.

"All he said was that she was from North Carolina, She was beautiful and her voice was heavenly." He said.

"What? That's it? How are you supposed to know who she is?!" I said feeling confused even though it was staring at me in the face but I just couldn't solve the puzzle at that time.

"He was working on an album in Raleigh and he's back today." Cam said.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"He probably..." Cam went on to say but was cut off by the same deep voice. It sounded familiar as the voice came closer. I turned around and my mouth fell open.

It was him. He was standing right there in front of me. My eyes widened and a huge smile crept onto my face. I was pretty sure I was blushing.

"Riley! You're here! Oh my god! I've missed you so much!" He turned to Cameron and said. "Can you leave us alone for a while Cam? Thanks for finding her, I owe you." Cam smiled and left the room.

After a few seconds, he walked over to me. I don't think he realised I was in a wheelchair as the desk was covering me.

"Wait, I'm sure you're really confused. Let me explain." He said.

"I'm Jake. Jake Parker. I'm recording an album with my dad's label, 'Parker Records', and I wanted to sign you after hearing you sing that night on the beach Riley. And oh, I've missed you so much. How have you been?"

My vision was blurry as tears enveloped my eyes. "I'm..I'm fine Jake. It's so nice to see you. I missed you too."

He walked closer and his jaw dropped. "Why..why are you in a wheelchair? What happened?" He said as his voice broke.

"I.. It's a long story.. It doesn't matter." I said wiping the tears off of my cheeks. Jake kneeled down and took my hand. He kissed the top of it and looked at me. I could see the concern in his eyes.

"I'm sorry" he said as his arms approached me. "Yeah.." I said clutching his arms in mine. It felt so good to hold him again. I came back to my senses and I let go.

He wiped my tears and gave me a big smile.

"So we're going to get you back on your feet." He chirped. I simply smiled at him. "Are you ready to record an album with me?" He asked happily. "I so am" I replied back.

"Do you think you can join us for dinner tonight?" I asked. "Umm sure." He replied. "It's just that, Cams going to be with his girlfriend and they'd probably want to be together and I don't want to be alone.." I said before he cut me off.

"Riley. I'll be there for dinner. No explanation needed." He said and grinned. That grin. That grin had to be banned. It made me melt. "Greeeeaaattt!" I said excitedly.

_____________________________

Thank you! I hope you liked this chapter! I love you all, please comment and vote :)

Xoxo

_____________________________