37. New York New York

I would like to dedicate this chapter to @Martial_intern. Thank you for the votes and amazing comments and mostly thank you for reading and appreciating me. I love you! Go check out her works too!

______________________________________

We were finally there. New York City. The city where dreams came true. We got our luggage and hopped into a cab. My wheelchair was folded and kept inside the trunk along with our bags.

Natalie's parents had already rented a place for us for the time being till we could get a job and get up on our own feet. For me that meant in the literal sense as well. I was tired of being in this wheelchair.

We got off at the corner of "Haven Street". Nat knew the way and hence walked in front of me and I followed. We stopped at this beautiful ancient building which was about 3 floors high.

The stairs luckily weren't all that many to climb. I jumped up in my wheelchair every time we overcame a stair. Nat had the key to our apartment. Luckily it was on the first floor itself.

We got in and it was a small one bedroom apartment with all the furniture and beds already present. Yes it did need a little bit of finishing but both of us were happy. We loved our cozy new home. We unpacked everything and decided to go for a little stroll to see The world renowned New York City.

First stop Central Park. Nat walked beside me as I wheeled myself onto the grass. The grass was soft and a little wet. We laid on the grass and spoke for a while. The sky above was magnificent. It was a clear day. It was almost about 4 o'clock.

Nat laid on her stomach and looked at me. "So when do you want to go see Cameron?" I said excitedly. "Today itself! But I have to clean myself up. I look like a mess. And so do you" she said bluntly and I laughed.

"Alright we'll go drop in. Do you know where he works?" I asked. "Obviously Ri, don't you know me already? I keep a track of everything Cam does." She said sarcastically. "We'll just ask the cab driver. Hopefully he'll know" I said and giggled.

"If we're going there, you have to sing."

Nat said. "Why? They don't want me." I said sadly. "They haven't heard you! You're going to go up to the label's director and you're going to sing for him. All you need to do is get him to hear you. I'm sure he'll discard the other bitch he had in mind." Nat said angrily.

"Wow, calm down Natalie! I will, I'll sing okay?" I said feeling a little better. We walked around a bit. In my case, wheeled around. We then took a cab back home. New York was so different. It was almost 7 o'clock when we decided to get ready and leave to surprise Cam.

Nat as usual was overexcited and wore a long gorgeous dress which I'd probably wear only for a date but it was her call. We took a cab to his workplace which apparently the cab driver said was very well known building.

We got in and went a little further. People stared at us as we looked around to find Cameron. I looked at Nat and her face was glowing. I knew she had spotted him. I looked in the direction she was and there he stood, looking as adorable as ever, leaving against a wall talking to some redhead.

Natalie walked towards him and I followed. She tapped him on his shoulder and he replied without turning around. "Give me a minute" he said and continued speaking to the redhead.

"Tell him I haven't found her yet and I'm trying my best.." he said and finally turned. His eyes widened as soon as he realized that Natalie was standing in front of him. He held her by the waist and hugged her tight. "Hi! What are you doing here?" he said, stunned.

"We came to surprise you!" Natalie said in a rather soft voice. "This is great! I missed y'all so much! Nat I'm so happy to see you." he said. He didn't want to let go of Natalie.

Cam took us into the studio. He asked me to stay there while he and Natalie spoke about their relationship outside.

I walked inside the glass room and pulled the mic a little lower. There was no one in the room, I thought to myself, then why not give it a try. I held the mike, wore the headphones and started singing the first song that came to my mind.

_______________________________________

Thank you so much for reading and appreciating me. Thank you all for giving my book a chance. I love you. Please keep voting and commenting. I love reading your opinions. xoxo

________________________________________