43. Stronger

Jake and I had gotten closer than we were in the past few weeks. It was that same night in Central Park when he had kissed me that he had also noticed something else.

As we finished our talk about how he loved me and I was afraid, his eyes drifted to my arms. The sleeve wasn't covering my wrist. I quickly slid it back into place but he noticed that it was bothering me.

He sat up and took my hand. He slid the cloth up till my shoulder and scanned my wrists. He saw everything. Every little consequence of my flaws and my problems etched on my body.

"What is..t..that" he stammered as he stared at my wrists absolutely stunned.

"Its nothing Jake, I was playing with the cat, the one that loiters around under our building and she scratched me, that's all." I said trying to sound as confident and truthful as I could.

"Do you really think I'm that stupid, Ri?"

he asked looking straight into my eyes.

"Its okay. Its going to be okay. Whatever it is you're going through, I'm going to be there for you." he said as he placed his arms around me.

He pulled away and asked me, "Do you want to talk about it?"

I did, I really did, I had no one to speak to, I needed to get everything out of me, all the pain, all the anger but I didn't want to spill it all out on Jake. I was afraid of what he'd think of me.

"No, I'm fine Jake." I replied with a tiny smile.

"You aren't Riley. And that's where we need to begin." he said and dipped his head down to my wrists. He kissed my scars and looked back up and said. "It will take some time, but I promise I'll be right beside you till these fade."

The amount of emotions I had going through my head at that moment were unexplainable. I loved him, so much. He was the only one who knew and I knew that he was the only one who would care.

"I love you. I'm trying really hard to let you in and believe you really love me..." I said placing my head between my knees.

He didn't say a single word. He just held me and we stayed there as close as we could be, for hours though it felt like years.

The next few days I spent in Jake's company. Neither of us got out of the house except to buy groceries. He forced me to spill everything out.

"Don't be afraid, I won't leave, I'm not like the rest." he said.

I was hesitant at first but I had to get it out of me. I told him every little thing I ever felt. The heartbreak, The hate, The words, The family problems, The loneliness, everything. He stared at me in disbelief as I ended my speech.

"I want to give up. I'm tired of this world. I feel like I don't belong here." I said as  tears rushed down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry." He said and came closer to me. He looked right into my eyes and kissed my forehead. "Everything's going to be alright." he said as I placed my head on his chest. I felt secure. I felt stronger.

________________________________________

Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter!

Please vote and comment, it really means a lot to me! Love you and Thank you so much for reading, xoxo!

________________________________________