46. Men in Black

Natalie and I shared the bed and Jake slept on the couch. We tried our best to figure out where Cameron could possibly be. The NYPD tried tracking his phone but it was switched off. All of us were getting impatient and we didn't know what to do.

About four days later we decided to finally take Natalie out of the house and to the coffee shop nearby. We waited near the first booth while Jake went and got our coffees.

Soon after, a couple of men wearing police uniforms and a man in a black suit walked into the coffee shop and strutted straight towards Jake.

"Jake Parker?" the man in the black suit asked. "Yes" Jake replied. "I'm Detective Berman from the NYPD." he said. "You are arrested for the murder of Cameron Jones." Berman said, brought out a pair of cuffs and locked Jake's wrists in them.

I stood up and said, " Wait, what's going on? You cannot just arrest him!" "Cameron's dead?" Natalie yelled.

Berman looked at Jake and said, "Anything you say now can be used against you in court." Jake just stood and stared at me.

I didn't know what was happening. I just couldn't process it. The men in the uniforms dragged Jake into their car and drove away. Natalie and I rushed out of the coffee shop and followed them in a cab.

We got there and rushed inside the building. "Detective Berman!" I screamed. "Natalie Sears?" he asked. "That's me." said Natalie softly.

"Good, we need to ask you a few questions about Cameron."

"What happened to him?" asked Natalie almost in tears. "We found his body in an alley a few blocks from Jake Parker's home." he replied. Natalie broke down and held her head. I tried speaking to her but she moved my arms and walked away with Berman to answer his questions.

"You can leave Miss Alvinston." Berman turned and said to me. "I'm not leaving here till I see Jake." I demanded. "He could not have killed Cameron. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body!  Just please let me see him!" I pleaded.

"Fine...Follow me." he said sounding angry. I followed him into the interrogation room. We stood in front of a Glass panel and Jake sat behind a desk on the opposite side. We could see and hear him but he couldn't see us or hear us.

"So Jake...how old are you?" asked Berman. "21" Jake answered. He looked so tired. "What happened to Cameron?" he asked. "Drop the act, You killed him! Now tell me why did you do it?" yelled Berman.

"I did not. I agree I met him on Tuesday but that was the last time I saw him. I did not kill him. He was my best friend...I wouldn't.." Jake said sounding flustered.

"We found the murder weapon in a dumpster just blocks away from your home. The knife had your fingerprints on it. This is an open and shut case Jake, but your obsessive girlfriend wants us to look further into this matter so we will." said Berman and left the room.

Jake was taken out too and I ran to him.

"Ri.." he whispered. His eyes had started to get blurry. "Please believe me..." he said before I cut him off. "I do, Jake I do, I believe you. Don't worry, we will get you out!" I said and quickly kissed his lips before they pulled him away and took him back to the lock up.