17. Tonight Tonight

The day had come. Prom was tonight! I wasn't the least bit excited. I was going just to make Nat happy. I was planning to go and speak to Neil. I really missed and even after everything that had happened, I wanted him back.

He didn't love me but I thought about him all the time. I needed to get over him or I needed him with me. But it wasn't all that easy. I truly loved him, however much I cried for him, I still had the same feelings for him.

I had to fix a dress for myself by tonight. I quickly called Nat. "Hey Nat, Up for some shopping?" I said. "SHOPPING? Of course I am! I'll pick you up in 10!" She said cheerfully and hung up. Cam had really changed her. In a good way though. She was glowing every time I saw her and she was always happy. As I said, when we fall, we fall hard.

I changed into a comfortable top and wore my skinny jeans. While I was going through my cupboard I found Neil's jersey. I still had it. I couldn't get myself to throw it out. After everything, I still needed to hold onto him. I held it close to my chest and closed my eyes. I could see his smile, his million dollar smile. I could still smell his cologne on the jersey. I stood there hugging it for a while and then finally kept it back in my cupboard.

I opened my hair; I could feel them fall on my shoulders. I went and stood in front of the mirror. I held up my top and revealed my stomach. I stared at the mirror and whispered to myself. "FAT." And sighed. I let my top fall and left my room. I told mom I'd be back by 6, grabbed the money and left.

Nat was waiting for me in her car on the opposite side of the road. "Hey Riley, so what kind of dress are you looking for?" she said. Her fashion sense was great while mine, well it wasn't as good. "Anything Nat, I just need something decent. I would've probably come in jeans but it's Prom and you know the bitches in our school." I said. "Yes I get it; we'll get something pretty for you! Let's go!" she said and we drove.

We were entering a lot of small lanes; we stopped at a place called "GET CLOTHES HERE." Okay, A clothes shop with that name? What was Nat thinking? "NAT, WHAT THE HELL? IT LOOKS LIKE NO ONES BEEN HERE IN A WHILE, SHOULD WE REALLY BE BUYING MY PROM DRESS FROM HERE? IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A PROPER NAME!" I said frowning. "I BUY MOST OF MY STUFF FROM HERE RILEY, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!"

We entered the shop and there was a middle-aged woman who smiled at us. "Hey Rachel!" Nat said and waved at her. "My name isn't Rachel, It's Nancy!" She had stopped smiling which freaked out both of us. We couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry! Could you show us some dresses? Preferably something you can wear for Prom!" Nat said.

"You have come to the right place! I have the perfect dress for you two!" The woman led us through some doors and pulled a cover off a mannequin. The mannequin displayed a beautiful light blue dress. It was a strapless dress with pleats and a beautiful design running along the border of the dress. It looked stunning. "Try it on Riley!" Nat said. I went into the dressing room and tried it on. I straightened it with my palms and looked up at the mirror. I smiled and stepped out of the little room.

Nat stood there staring at me. Her jaw was wide open; Nancy had to shut it for her. I laughed and asked her, "So how bad is it?" She replied while running towards me, "You look gorgeous Riley, Neil's going to freak out when he see's yo...I'm so sorry, gosh I'm so stupid. I didn't mean to...I'm sorry." She apologized and hugged me tight! "We'll take this one!" she said looking at Nancy.