42. Get over it

The next few days were better now that Jake was living with me. We spent most of our time together. We took turns cooking. I got a job at Parker Records, all thanks to Jake. It was pretty basic. All I had to do was pick out the album covers for all the artists and have them approved by Jake's father.

I got back home after a hectic day of running around from vocal club to work and back home. Jake had already had dinner. I lied and said I had too. He wanted to step out for a while. I didn't mind even though I was extremely tired. I went to my room and sat on the bed. I took off my jacket and placed it in the cupboard.

I picked out a nice pair of light blue torn jeans along with a long sleeved loose black top. I quickly slipped into it and freshened up. I applied no make up and just tied my hair into a nice ponytail and stepped outside. Jake was ready too. I grabbed my wallet and we left. We drove to Central Park.

The stars sparkled as I looked upon the heavens. We sat down on the grass away from all the chatter of the other people there. Jake asked about my day and we spoke a little about his.

"Again, I'm really sorry about my dad Ri" Jake said.

"Its alright, I'm over it." I said even though I was not.

Jake placed his head on my lap and looked into my eyes. "You know you can't lie to me." he said still not taking off his gaze.

I simply smiled and slipped my fingers into his soft hair. I laid down beside him and just stared into his eyes. Somehow it made everything seem Alright.

He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I was completely lost in his eyes that I didn't even realize what I was doing. He came closer and I could feel his breath on my neck. I shut my eyes and felt his lips softly touch mine. I had chills go down my spine. He clutched onto my waist and went deeper into our kiss. His tongue fiddling with mine.

He pulled away and stared into my eyes. He shot me a grin and brought me closer to him by pulling me by my waist. His hands traveled up my top as his fingers grazed my stomach. I put my arms around his neck as my fingers entered his soft hair.

Suddenly he stopped and pushed me backwards. "I'm sorry." he said. I wondered why he did and asked him. "What for?" "For kissing you, Riley, you really make me happy, and I like you..you already know that. I know we're supposed to stay "Just Friends" but give me a chance?"

"Jake I like you too but I don't think I can ever believe anyone else again. What if you don't like me the way I like you? Do you get nervous every time you're around me? because I do.. I get nervous when I'm around you. I can't breathe...I..I" I said before he cut me off.

"Riley, you have no idea what goes through me every time I see you. You are so beautiful but you fail to see it but I'm going to make you realize it one day. I have shivers go through me when we kiss. I love getting up in the morning and seeing your face everyday even if you've got puffy eyes!" I laughed a little and let him continue.

"You say you get nervous around me? I feel privileged to speak to you.. I go red every time someone takes your name. I..I love you Riley and I'm sorry but I can't change that. I know you do too, You're just afraid." I had tears in my eyes by then.

He wasn't lying. He loved me, I didn't know why, but he did and I did too. He was right, I was afraid but I had to get over my fear.

_____________________________________

Sorry for the late update but I had a few things on my mind. Thank you for reading, I absolutely love you guys! Hope you have a nice day! xoxo

______________________________________