12. Crush Alert

“It's been a really messed up week. Seven days of torture. Seven days of bitter and my girlfriend went and cheated on me. She's a California dime but it's time for me to quit her I woke up to Hot Chelle Rae’s Tonight Tonight. It was 7 am. The music was blasting. Who the fuck was playing music that loud at this time of the morning? I got out of my bed and stretched my arms. Yawned and opened my eyes. The sun was directly in my eyes. The room looked brighter than ever. I turned around and it was Nat. She was in my face. Our noses were touching. I screamed. I was so frightened. Why would you scare your best friend like that first thing in the morning? Retarded child, Gosh. But I loved her. “Nat, what are you doing here? And shut that damn music for god’s sake. I love the song but right now, seriously?”

“I had to wake you up one way or another sleepyhead!” Nat giggled. “Now go get ready bitch, we need to leave and you look like you’ve been run over by a truck.” Natalie had a habit of calling me bitch. I called her bitch too so we were even. “Fine, I’m going!” I said and ran into the bathroom. The hot water felt good but my cuts were burning under the water. It was okay. I liked the pain. I got out quickly, brushed and tied my hair up into a high ponytail. I looked into the bathroom mirror and whispered to myself, “UGLY. FAT. STUPID. WHORE. ” I sighed and got out of the bathroom and gave Nat a big smile. She didn’t have the slightest idea of what I was feeling.

We stepped out. Dad gave me a dirty look, and said, “Young lady, where do you think you’re going?” “I’m going out with my friends; I’ll be back in a few hours. Don’t wait up for me.” I said. “You have friends? Either they’re extremely stupid or fucked up like you!” Dad said with a smirk. It almost looked like an evil smile. Gosh, only God knew what was wrong with that man.

We got into Nat’s car. You must have figured by now that I did not have a car to myself. My parents thought I was too young and spoilt. That’s what they said. I figured they didn’t want to spend that kind of money on me. Anyways, Nat put the key in and the engine started. Her car was old, like really old. I was surprised it hadn’t broken down already. We drove towards the church and I started the conversation while we were in the car. “So Nat, what’s up with your love life babe? We haven’t spoken about it in a long time! Reveal everything!”

“Alright, Alright calm down Miss want-to-know-it-all!” Her cheeks were red. I immediately knew there was a boy. “Don’t hate me but I kind of, sort of…ummm I like…umm I don’t know how to tell you…. CAMERON.” She was acting so silly, hiding her face and smiling. It was so adorable! “Oh my god! My two very best friends! Yay Yay Yay!!” I chimed. “He’s so adorable, Riley! Have you seen his dimples? They’re like craters! And and and whenever he hugs me, I just don’t want to let him go! His smile… I cannot tell you how much I love his smile. It makes me melt! And did I mention how hot he is?” She went on and on. It was so cute, She really did like him a lot. I was so happy to see her this happy. Cameron was a good guy, one of the few good guys that existed.