❤ MFH Thirty-two

T H I R D  P E R S O N ' S  P O V

Luhan was too preoccupied with the hanging chandeliers on the ceiling than the party for him. He didn't know why, but his eyes were glued to it. Maybe, the party wasn't that interesting for his taste.

After all, it was his fiancée who planned everything in it, and she was absent in the event.

Xiaotong lived an extremely normal life despite of her angel state with Luhan. She was working as a model and flew in Paris for work.

Luhan had promised her that they would start talking about their wedding because he might become busy on the company soon. Especially now, that he owned it.

Still, she missed such important day for her work. She should be standing next to him at these times.

"Congratulations! Finally, you have your family's company, CEO Lu Han." Chanyeol tapped his shoulder. He looked at him and he still had that wide smile plastered on his face. A thing that never changed after those years.

Good thing, he had one unchanging thing.

"Thank you." He replied not as ecstatic as the greeting.

"I'm sorry, but the others can't come because they have plans tonight." Suho apologized. Next to him were Kris and Lay.

Luhan knew perfectly that the others wouldn't like to see him after his issues with Xiaotong. They haven't contacted each other since then.

And things got awkward when they accidentally bumped to each another. A reason in which they have never been completed as a group anymore.

Clearly, Kris and Suho was just fulfilling their duties as a friend to him, giving him all the support that he needed too.

"It's okay." Luhan pretended so.

"Happy Birthday!" Lay greeted him plainly.

"Thank you, Lay."

"So, where's your Superwoman? Your great fiancée?" Kris searched the room with his towering height.

"She's out for overseas work." Luhan answered casually.

"I see."

He didn't miss that the side of Kris' lips raised slightly. He was sure that his friend was disappointed because it was his birthday and an official announcement that Luhan claimed the position that he longed.

He had everything, but he wasn't satisfied. Not yet. Something. Something hasn't found it's right place to complete this complex puzzle.

"Excuse me." He murmured when the chandeliers were no longer interesting to his eyes. Note that it didn't have anything special on it.

He marched towards the stairs, but it couldn't be helped to greet the visitors.

"Please enjoy the party."