❤ MFH Forty Three

I ran towards the front door to meet Luhan. I was expecting a good news from him.

I've seen Taehyung's funeral on every news. I noticed his friends on the place too. Still, I was hoping it was all play. That he only did it to push me away.

"Luhan. H-how was it? Did you see Taehyung?" I asked frantically.

But he gazed at me like he was sorry.

"He is really dead." He informed me.

I moved back. It was my fault.

Taehyung suffered because I chose to stay with Luhan.

"No. You're lying to me. You're only saying that to make me stay..." I couldn't help, but cried. I was hopeless. I missed Taehyung and was hurting Luhan. I lost of the vision of love and death. I couldn't understand.

My eyes were tired, yet my tears flow in so much grief.

"Of course not. I do love you much, but I won't fool you." Luhan reached at me, wanting to touch me, to comfort me. But I shoved his hand away while I cried harder.

"I'll give you some space as you mourn his death. That's the only thing I can give you. Take care of yourself." He said weakly. I couldn't face Luhan. I wanted to blame him because I love him. I wanted to blame him because I chose to stay with him.

I cheated. I loved Taehyung but not as much as I love him. Luhan was never been replaced. I only suppressed my feelings to him, but it always remains.

And I started to question myself. Did I make Taehyung feel less? Did he die feeling less?

"Jungkook asked me to give this to you. He said Taehyung wants this to reach you." Luhan passed a ring to my hand. My vision was blurred as I my tears fell continuously.

I couldn't stop looking at the ring. I guessed he was serious that he'll marry me once I returned to Canada.

"I want to tell you more about our conversation, but I can sense that you're in no mood." Luhan continued and I answered him nothing, just the sounds of my tears were heard from me.

"Divina. You know how to call me, okay? And I can stay if you want." He was almost pleading. I knew Luhan wanted to comfort me. To run his hand on my back and pat it as I embraced him.

But if I allowed that, I must been never ashamed of myself or regret that I lost Tae.

"I think I should go, Lu. It's embarassing to stay---"

He blocked my way.

"Stay. I'll be the one to go, okay?" His hands were on my shoulder. I looked at Luhan and he looked pain as I did.

He grabbed his coat and left his house to me. I sensed that he has words to say,  but he kept it on himself.

I'm sorry, Lu.

----------------

I locked myself inside the room. I opened the curtains and watched as the rain fell down from the dark sky through the glass window. It was one sad evening. The stars weren't even present to beautify the night.

"I'm sorry, Tae. I failed you." I whispered in deep sadness.

I raised my hand and inserted the ring around my finger. It fit like it was made just for me.

The ring was no extravagant. It was a plain silver with few scratches around, like it was old.

I was surprised to see the rain freeze on air. And there, I saw Taehyung's shadow in the glass.