❤ MFH Thirty-five

L U H A N ' S  P O V

Divina still had the chance to greet Chaerin properly with a bow, but immediately after that, she excused us to pull me back to the room that she just got out.

"Why did you lie?" She asked with her face showing worried and that only normal. Who wouldn't be surprised, right?

Her feet were stomping on the wooden floor lightly.

She hated lying.

I sighed.

Why did I even cover it up with another lie? Now I have another problem.

"If Chaerin discovers that you're not my fiancée, she'll stop my engagement with Xiaotong and will convince us to get married instead." I informed her slowly.

She gasped sharply and covered her mouth with his good hand.

"W-why me? We can tell her the truth that you are helping me to recover---"

"Not after she saw you coming out of my room." I confessed.

Her eyes grew like Kyungsoo's.

Divina looked at me, horrified.

"Your room? But you say it's your fiancée's." She reminded me.

And once again, I sighed.

"I have to lie because I don't want you to freak out or you to decline my offer, and it sounded so wrong for you to stay on her room." I replied calmly as I watched her on her panic state. Her hand was placed on her forehead, assessing the whole situation.

"I can't believe that we slept together when you stay separate rooms with your fiancée." She pulled her hair a little while she whined continuously on herself.  "So, are you suggesting that staying with you is better?" She asked me sarcastically.

"Didn't you ask for it?" I countered. After all, she asked me to hold her till she fell asleep.

That I did gladly too.

She was glaring at me when Chaerin entered the room, not bothering to knock first.

"Any problem?" Chaerin asked as she looked at us.

Divina automatically stood beside me with her head hung low.

My lips formed a playful smile when a flashy idea came to me.

I wrapped my arm to her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. I felt her flinched at first, but then, she couldn't complain.