↳ FOUR

AFTER SOME HEATED bickering regarding whether or not the victims had been killed by a man or a woman — cue Ella's comment how she had seen guys with pretty tiny lady hands, followed by Lucifer's remark how Dan didn't count on this occasion — the...

AFTER SOME HEATED bickering regarding whether or not the victims had been killed by a man or a woman — cue Ella's comment how she had seen guys with pretty tiny lady hands, followed by Lucifer's remark how Dan didn't count on this occasion — their little cop team had been dismantled as the forensic scientist headed out to study more evidence, and Chloe was already rushing to the next place with Lucifer loyally by her side, proving that they were a flawless, effective team whether or not it always seemed like it. However, before they managed to leave the building and before Dan could take Izzy with him to get updated on the missing person department, Lucifer himself intervened.

It took Izzy a while to get the hint, but eventually, she spotted Lucifer wiggling his finger as if to sneakily invite her to his company, and the idea caused her to knit her eyebrows together. "Me?", was all she could blurt out after glancing around and coming to the conclusion there was no one else in the room, and in response to the confusion on her face, Lucifer scoffed and let his eyes roll before he nodded and rapidly gestured for the deputy to join him. Albeit hesitantly, Izzy licked her lips and moved over to the man, who eyed the surroundings and scratched the back of his ear until he came to the conclusion no one would be able to hear him, which convinced him to flash his dazzling smile while looking down at the slightly shorter woman. "Uh, what is it?", she forced herself to ask, the inevitable wave of doubt kicking in as she eyed Lucifer and the not-so-innocent grin on her face.

"Apparently someone called in a noise complaint because of Lux — you know how parties can get, I'm sure", he gestured in the air, blatantly getting to the point which encouraged Izzy's eyes to widen while her hands instinctively found her hips in a manner that made her look nothing short of sassy. Add the striking red hair and the fact that she was almost as tall as Lucifer, and she definitely made a fair match against the Devil. "I'd rather not have the Detective hear of this, and well, I myself am far too busy to use my authority to take care of this, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could, you know...", he attempted to melt the woman's strong exterior with his smile, but the sparkle of his perfectly pearl white teeth didn't even make Isadora bat an eyelash.

"I'm not your errand girl, Lucifer", she stated quickly, before turning on her heel, "take care of it yourself", but she wasn't given the time to head out of the room when the man had wrapped a hand around her wrist, earning a surprised, borderline offended look from her as her fiery eyes met his again. "I have to find Dan, so let go", the redhead demanded firmly, and sighing, Lucifer dropped his hold but refused to let the woman slip from her fingertips.

"It'll pay well?", he attempted, flashing a stack of money in the pocket of his jacket, and narrowing her eyes, Izzy crossed her arms, thoroughly unimpressed.

"Yeah, because I definitely joined the LAPD to be bribed by the Devil. Pretty sure I'm not supposed to make deals with you, huh?", she fired back, and while Lucifer wanted to praise the woman for her attitude, he focused on achieving his goal — which he always did. He rarely lost, and this case was no exception. "And listen, I am indeed a cop, so I can tell your story is about as straight as me", Izzy's voice dropped to a quiet whisper as she leaned closer to the man, earning a roll of eyes from him.