↳ THIRTEEN

IF IZZY HAD been told earlier that day that by 9 PM she would be singing Pat Benatar, or Beyoncé, or Macklemore with Chloe Decker, then she would have for sure laughed out loud, but now that they had already spent an unreasonable amount of time ta...

IF IZZY HAD been told earlier that day that by 9 PM she would be singing Pat Benatar, or Beyoncé, or Macklemore with Chloe Decker, then she would have for sure laughed out loud, but now that they had already spent an unreasonable amount of time tackling the karaoke stage, the thought was no longer so distant. Of course, she had gotten in a few Stevie Nicks hits with Ella and a perfect duet version of Wild Side with Maze. Needless to say, the whole tiki bar was growing rather tired of their excessive singing, and Izzy could have sworn she heard a few people applause when they finally stumbled out of the front and back to their seats.

"So, who do you got a crush on?", Mazikeen was curiously inquiring once they were seated, and at the words she had hoped to never hear, Izzy grabbed her shot glass and downed it all in one ravenous gulp, making her cringe before directing a charming, thoroughly drunk smile at the leather-clad woman. It was getting more and more obvious that she had elected to let her guard down and do what she rarely did — let alcohol play a role in the good times, which didn't always mean the same thing, but from the innocent gleam and the words that were about to tumble out of her mouth, it was easy to gather that she was the one who had had the most to drink that night.

"Uh, hey—heya, do you like puppies? Because I'm—I'm totally like a puppy, y'know? I mean, I'm cute as heck", Izzy smoothly changed the subject instead of pouring her heart out about her developing feelings for Mazikeen, while gesturing at herself. "But if you really upset me, I will kick your ass", she put on her best stern face, before breaking into another heartwarming smile, "though it is more likely that I'll just... uh, lick you", her intoxicated frame leaning closer to Mazikeen, whose eyes instantly flickered down to the deputy's pink, soft lips.

The moment, however, was interrupted when Izzy knocked her drink down, the glass shattering against the wooden floor and some of the alcohol spilling onto Mazikeen's legs — at this, an apologetic, shocked look dawned onto Isadora's face but she was quick to break into snorts. "You know, that's not really how I planned on making you wet", she looked up at Maze, who couldn't be less bothered with the beer on her high heels, she just broke into a genuine smile and shook her head fondly at the mess of a redhead in front of her.

Before the two could exchange any more words, an arm was slung over Isadora's shoulders and the woman found herself leaning into Chloe, who had let her hair down and had also joined Izzy in getting drunk, to get rid of her issues and troubles. For now, she was just someone looking for quality time with her new friends, with the case still on her mind, but at a more reasonable distance. "And then Lucifer's all like hey Chloe, name three friends that you could go call and have a drink with", the detective mimicked Lucifer's suave accent, and that was all Izzy needed to be cracking up on the counter, smacking her palms against the wood while her eyes crinkled in the most adorable way.

"Well, one, two, three and four!", Linda counted for her, which was probably smart considering Chloe was just as, if not more disoriented as Isadora was.