↳ ELEVEN

AS NEXT MORNING arose and the bright rays of sunlight were digging into Izzy's room, the woman was more than happy to jump up and throw the curtains wide open, which encouraged Thor to dig into the sheets and growl at the unpleasant awakening

AS NEXT MORNING arose and the bright rays of sunlight were digging into Izzy's room, the woman was more than happy to jump up and throw the curtains wide open, which encouraged Thor to dig into the sheets and growl at the unpleasant awakening. But Isadora, she was almost as giddy as she had been on her first day at the LAPD, and for two reasons, actually — she was finally allowed to return to work and start tackling another case with her detective friends, but there was also a familiar flutter in her heart, one that she had experienced a handful of times, but not in a long while.

She was yet to separate this from any other occasion, thinking it was just like all the other fleeting crushes she had had, but instead of fighting the urging feelings, Izzy embraced the truth — she liked Mazikeen's company, felt fulfilled around her, and could only hope that the interest was mutual. Even better — it had to be, why else would Maze be all over her, trying to earn a kiss and shamelessly flirting with the deputy at all given opportunities? Indeed, Isadora had not had a crush in a long while, with her dream job taking up most of her time, but it seemed she had unexpectedly stepped into another trap, the literally crushing embrace of attraction forcing her thoughts to constantly wander to the one holding her heart in their hands.

So, for two reasons, there was a smile on Izzy's pink lips as she arrived at work, stepping into the precinct with her brown cap resting on her tamed curls and a pair of sunglasses on her eyes to block the typical L.A weather, though even that seemed to pale in comparison to the bright expression on Isadora's face. In her hands was a box of donuts, one that was meant for the whole department, but also a tray of coffees for Lucifer, Dan, Ella, and Chloe, hoping that it would put especially the latter in a good mood. Izzy had screwed up, but she was back and she was ready to make this work, ready to be a better cop this time around.

"Ah, Izzy! You are, truly, a sight for sore eyes", Lucifer's lanky frame was appearing from behind the corner, his face lighting up at the welcome sight while one of his strong arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her close for a quick squeeze. "How's that mean right hook, eh?"

Before the woman could greet him properly, or return a sassy comment, Ella had rushed in, squealing something incoherent as she pulled her deeply missed friend into a tight hug, the action almost causing Izzy to drop the donuts and coffee cups, but Lucifer — smooth as ever — was stealthily grabbing both and placing them on a nearby desk. "You're back!", Ella gushed, a wide grin on her lips as she let go of Izzy, who was looking down at the much shorter woman with a similar, happy look.

"Yes, I am. And I brought some breakfast for you guys", she gestured towards the box, which Lucifer had already opened, leaving him currently munching on a chocolate donut while Ella rushed to get one with sprinkles on it. As the scientist pointed out that Izzy was the best, Dan and Chloe appeared from behind the corner, and gulping in reaction, the deputy nervously grabbed the remaining cups and tried to be brave while walking over to the two homicide detectives, holding the beverages up while flashing a smile. "Good morning. I got you these", Izzy handed the coffees out, and surprised by the kind gesture, both accepted them.