↳ NINETEEN

"DUDE, WHAT HAPPENED?" Isadora was chasing after Lucifer, who in turn was following Dan and Chloe into Ella's lab, and in response to the woman's question, he merely scoffed

"DUDE, WHAT HAPPENED?" Isadora was chasing after Lucifer, who in turn was following Dan and Chloe into Ella's lab, and in response to the woman's question, he merely scoffed. That was about all the acknowledgment she got — and it wasn't even nearly enough. Izzy was worried, and maybe even a little bit scared, not only because she had pointed out that he had shown up to work "looking like what early career Linkin Park sounds like" but because he had then proceeded to mentally scar a suspect in the interrogation room. When you combined that with the fact that the previous night, they had parted ways when Lucifer informed that he needed to handle Uriel, it seemed like he was spiraling, without even letting Izzy, or anyone, help him. "Seriously, Lucifer, are you okay?", the redhead was determined to ensure his well-being, and when he suddenly made an immediate turn, she was startled but didn't look away from Lucifer's dark, sad eyes — there was no hiding the loud gulp, though.

"Peachy", was all he said, his tone venomous and sarcastic to the fullest, but before Izzy could pick on that, Lucifer had turned on his heel once more and settled behind Chloe and Dan, who were studying the evidence of the case.

"Freddy's Dutch Oven!", Lucifer elected to insert himself into the conversation as he grabbed a plastic bag from the table and inhaled the smell of the napkin locked within, making Dan roll his eyes as he snatched the bag from his hands. "Love this place. Unfortunate name, but best stroopwafel in Hollywood", the Devil promoted, deliberately avoiding eye contact with Izzy, who stood next to him with her strong arms crossed over her chest.

"The napkin is definitely from today. The syrup is still wet to the touch", Dan explained as he inspected the napkin himself, and at this, Lucifer added undoubtedly tasty, making Izzy roll her eyes this time — but it wasn't because she couldn't handle his quirks and jokes. It was because he was clearly struggling, and avoiding whatever was causing him to act out like this. Admittedly, Izzy too had the unfortunate habit of living in denial and focusing on everything else instead, but she always opened up before she could go off the rails. Falling apart on the inside was one thing, but when it started to show on the outside too, it had to be something serious and not worth ignoring for any longer.

As Izzy stood there silent, Chloe formed a plan of going to the food truck and talking to the owner in order to track the shooter's identity through his credit card — she and Lucifer were going to do the face-to-face talking, while Dan and Izzy would be seated in a police vehicle down the street, keeping an eye out on anything suspicious or alarming.

"Sound good?", Chloe turned to Isadora, and Dan did the same, both of them realizing how uncharacteristically quiet she had been throughout the entire conversation.

Lifting an eyebrow and uncrossing her clenched arms, Izzy cracked a smile at the two, "Sounds good." At least something did.

Not much later, the plan was officially in motion, with Detective Espinoza and Officer Holt watching the situation from the car while Chloe approached the food truck, Lucifer casually strolling behind her. The silence in the vehicle was surprisingly comfortable, at least from Dan's point of view, but Izzy was shuffling on her seat and dying to speak up. Frankly, it didn't take her long to break. "There's something going on with him, right?", she sighed, but when she turned to Dan, the man appeared confused. "Lucifer", Izzy gestured towards him through the windshield, "I mean, he's not okay, you can see that, can't you?"