↳ EIGHTEEN

THE DAY WAS fading into a darkening evening as Izzy stood at the parking lot of the Ignacia hotel, the red and blue of the police cars illuminating the peaceful area

THE DAY WAS fading into a darkening evening as Izzy stood at the parking lot of the Ignacia hotel, the red and blue of the police cars illuminating the peaceful area. Most of the commotion had gone down after Chloe had convinced Kimo to put down the gun by explaining how she had a daughter at home and really wanted to see her again, and that she had been in a car accident — in the process the detective also admitted that despite her claims that it wasn't a big deal, she had been truly freaked out by it. And that was why Izzy was still sticking around, even if she had been cleared to return to the station to finish off the paperwork that the day's events had caused. She wanted to talk to Chloe, and as the detective wrapped everything up indoors, Isadora was leaning against one of the police cars — which, admittedly, looked pretty cool — with her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes scanning the surroundings constantly.

When Detective Decker eventually stepped through the entrance of the hotel, Lucifer behind her, Izzy pushed herself off of the vehicle and sighed happily, a careful smile taking place on her lips once she could place a gentle hand on Chloe's arm. "Hey, how are you doing?", the deputy's eyes were sympathetic and worried, and it made Chloe look at her in gratitude while reassuring she was okay. "Listen, if you ever wanna talk, or even if you don't want to but you gotta, then I'm just one call away, okay? Like I said on girls' night, I got your back. All that", Izzy inhaled, referring to the things Chloe had said to Kimo, "is important and I won't ever mind listening to you."

With a nod, Chloe squeezed Isadora's hand softly. "Thank you, really. It means a lot. And, you know, right back at ya", the woman promised, and at those words, Izzy kind of realized that she, too, had been bottling up a lot lately. Excluding a few chats with Diane at home, she hadn't really unloaded all the emotional baggage in a while, and maybe it was getting to her a little bit. Maybe, she was sort of bad about talking about her own stuff, instead, she just wanted to take care of others — and while that sounded like a sweet thing, one way or another, it would crack her in half. "Okay, uh, do you wanna ride with me or Lucifer or...?", Chloe then turned over to Lucifer, who had been silently standing between the two women so far, and both of them instantly lifted their eyebrows in response.

"Oh, she'll be right with you, detective. I think I should have a word with her before you leave, though", Lucifer was the one to answer Chloe's question, and with that, the blonde parted from the two with a suppressed smile, leaving the Devil alone with his... advisor.

Once Chloe was out of sight, Izzy twirled around to face Lucifer, her eyes curiously inspecting him. "So. Angel brother didn't pan out?", she frowned, making Lucifer chuckle with her comment. "What's that like, huh? Does he have the wings, halo, all that? What about you? Horns? Superpowers like Maze?", a litany of questions poured from her as she eyed Lucifer, who, frankly, was a tad amused by the woman's attempt to solve the whole thing. Nevertheless, he did appreciate the effort — whereas many people shrugged it off as insanity, method acting or using metaphors to hide the true nature of his issues, Izzy took the time to dig deeper. She didn't put labels on Lucifer without first seeing things from his point of view, and that was refreshing.