↳ FIFTY

KNOWING THE TRUTH more often than not came with some variation of a price, and this time, it was the heart-wrenching worry hunkering down onto Izzy's entire soul and being, the entirety of it aimed at Linda and the fragile state of her career

      KNOWING THE TRUTH more often than not came with some variation of a price, and this time, it was the heart-wrenching worry hunkering down onto Izzy's entire soul and being, the entirety of it aimed at Linda and the fragile state of her career. She wasn't only sad about potentially losing her therapist, but sympathetic towards her friend — she couldn't even picture her own reaction or the agony she'd be in if she were to lose her own job, yet the attempt was putting a frown on her soft lips as she thoughtfully trailed into the precinct with the bag on her shoulder coming in second at weighing her down.

          However, when she entered the room and traveled between the desks, she was caught off-guard by the sudden applause that exploded around her, every thought blowing away like smoke when her head snapped up only to find some of her co-workers clapping their hands together. To be fair, a fair slice of them looked less eager than others, but nonetheless, Isadora was hasty to join the praise and turn around to see who was earning the unexpected appreciation from the crowd of officers. It wasn't until she twirled around only to find no one behind her, that her own applauding slowly came to a halt and the dawn of surprise caused her to spin once more — they were doing it for her.

         "Way to go, Iz", Dan emerged from between the handful of cops as the standing ovation finally ceased, a proud grin on his lips as he reached out with both arms to pull the redhead into a quick hug. Baffled, Izzy could only bark out an incredulous laugh as she knitted her eyebrows together and found a grip on both of the Espinoza's arms to give him a stare of utter disbelief — albeit she was starting to remember the successful arrest in the psychiatric hospital and making sense of the whole ordeal, she was struggling to believe she had earned this. "You single-handedly took down a murderer and saved not one but two people", Dan continued with an impressed nod as he pulled away, "and before you say that Chloe was only a few seconds away, that doesn't change the fact that you were the one to take the punch", his finger softly poking Izzy's bottom lip where a purple cut sat, right next to the fading scar she had earned at the tiki bar.

        Shaking her head as happy laughter escaped her mouth, Izzy covered her face with both hands. "Thank you, Dan, really. Though I doubt all these people even know my face so what exactly did you have to do to get them on board?", the woman's voice was doubtful but full of gratitude nonetheless, and as her teeth sank into her lip to stop the grin from spreading, Dan nodded in defeat and gave in to his own amusement, still mixed in with the joy he felt for his dear friend.

        "May have cost me a few bucks and pudding cups, but it was worth it. You deserve it. And, uh, the Chief of Police wants to have a chat with you too, after we catch up with—", the man began, and the notorious title he dropped was like a cold shower to wipe Izzy's smile away, but before he could finish, loud rap music blasted through the precinct — not so surprisingly, originating from Ella's lab, and already chuckling, Dan pointed a finger in the same direction before heading there with Izzy right behind him.