↳ SEVEN

IZZY COULDN'T STOP trembling with excitement as she sat in the back of the car and tried her very best to focus on Lucifer and Chloe's conversation, but her attention kept drifting from the disjointed bits of talk to the thoughts swirling ...

IZZY COULDN'T STOP trembling with excitement as she sat in the back of the car and tried her very best to focus on Lucifer and Chloe's conversation, but her attention kept drifting from the disjointed bits of talk to the thoughts swirling in her own head. Mostly, they were filled with gratitude towards Detective Decker, and joy in general, but there was also a looming shadow of worry that she was going to screw it up somehow — however, she was determined to handle the case professionally and impress not only her temporary partners but the Lieutenant at the precinct, in the hopes that this day could be the kickstart to her career.

"After you, Miss Holt", Lucifer managed to snap Isadora out of her thoughts by opening her door for her once they had pulled up at Wobble, a social media platform that seemed to be a key component in the case. Turning to the dashing smile competing for attention with the bright sunlight, Izzy nodded as a silent thank you and smoothly stood from the car before looking around and taking in the surroundings. When Lucifer slammed the door shut behind her, she turned her attention back to him, and at the memory of a certain Espinoza brother — and she wasn't talking about Dan — her lips curved higher and she couldn't hold back her curiosity as the three of them started to walk towards the entrance, Chloe in the lead.

"Heard you've got yourself a crush", the deputy pointed out casually, and it took barely a second when Lucifer had already scoffed in response to her comment. "I met Benjamin Espinoza today. I'm just saying—", her words were cut off by her own laughter, "I barely spent two minutes with the guy and I can already tell you two would make a perfect couple", but despite the teasing tone she didn't bother to hide, there was a genuine spark within her hazel eyes. She was a sucker for happy endings, and truthfully, if she were to have one, she found it only fair that others did too. Diane had always reprimanded Izzy about that — her inability to enjoy herself just because she was trying to make everyone else happy too, and more than once it had led into tiring herself out, forgetting to take care of her own life. It was a good trait for a while, but there was a flipside to it, as well.

Breaking into a mischievous expression, Lucifer shrugged his broad shoulders. "I'll have you know, I don't do couples, darling. But yes, I will admit that perhaps we have a thing between us already. That's what happens when two attractive people meet, you know", the man explained, and Izzy was already giggling, but she didn't have time to say anything more when he had continued. "Now, shall we change the conversation? Or else I will be very much allowed to tease you about Mazikeen", Lucifer warned the woman, who lifted her hands in defeat.

"Fine, fine. Before we go in, tell me about this whole Devil thing, huh? What's got you so convinced? Shouldn't you have horns or something?", she blurted out an unexpected question, although Lucifer should have expected it — she was merely human, and he had learned that they rarely had blind faith in his words. They always insisted on having proof, but luckily, he didn't mind sharing his story with the deputy that was slowly becoming his friend.