↳ FORTY-SEVEN

A WHOLE LOT of confusion and not enough time for answers was keeping Izzy at the tip of her toes all day long — the case had hardly started, yet already, Lucifer had checked himself into the psychiatric hospital, leaving her with the responsi...

     A WHOLE LOT of confusion and not enough time for answers was keeping Izzy at the tip of her toes all day long — the case had hardly started, yet already, Lucifer had checked himself into the psychiatric hospital, leaving her with the responsibility of tending to Chloe's every request while Dan was busy flirting with Charlotte and Ella was blasting One of Us on repeat. But, for once, Isadora was trying to ignore Dan's love life, the temptation to question Lucifer's intentions and the potential karaoke battle awaiting in Ella's lab — for once, she was concentrating only on work, running after Chloe and doing everything that was asked of her without a single complaint. With the whirlwind that had taken residence in her personal life, it had been hard to disconnect from all the drama and emotion, but she feared that sometimes, she took her dream job for granted.

         So, it was important to stay focused and remind herself that she was a cop, she was doing what she had worked so hard to achieve and any moment now, all that could slip from her fingertips just because she wasn't going after more. She wasn't expecting to be named detective within the first year of her career, but there were certainly doors to open and ladders to climb, and even if that didn't equal turning off her friendly side, it did require more room for the yearning ambition, too.

        Even if it was kind of hard to ignore the fact that Lucifer's dad, The Dad, was potentially a suspect in their latest case.

       With her hands full of work, quite literally, Izzy was sauntering out of the forensic lab after hearing that they were now on the hunt for Santa Claus — somehow, not even the weirdest thing she had come across in the past months — which, of course, they figured was how a mentally ill person would describe a man with long, white hair and a beard, and while Chloe was finding a new angle to work, Izzy had a bunch of evidence to dig through. The task, however, had to share her attention with the curiosity regarding God Johnson, and albeit she had done a splendid job at suppressing it so far, it ignited right back into those wild flames when she spotted a certain demon on the other side of the precinct. Her girlfriend.

       Hastily, Isadora was sliding the heavy files filled with footage and reports onto the desk, before striding over to Mazikeen with a blooming smile already breaking over her soft lips, hand reaching the brunette's with a faint touch. Still, only her footfalls were enough to snap Maze's head into the direction of the sound, and at the sight of her love approaching, the bounty hunter was shoving her check into the pocket of her leather jacket and flashing a grin at Izzy.

        "Came to get my paycheck, but I gotta say, this isn't a bad bonus", Maze didn't hesitate to wrap her fingers around Izzy's and reel her in closer, eyes flickering down to the lips she could reach with the help of her shiny heels. If it wasn't for the integrity Isadora was attempting to maintain, she could have given her darling the deep kiss she had already imagined in a million different ways, but with her duties at the top of her mind, Izzy was instead settling for a little more distance — the grin on her lips, though, was quite enough to convince Mazikeen that she was desperate to feel her too.