Chapter 4 | ISN'T THIS BIZARRE?

When I wiped you from the book of memory, I did not know I was striking out half my life

Nizar Qabbani

☆☆☆

"I messed everything up Areeba. I spilled the ice-cream all over the place, her dress, her scarf, just everything"

"Oh. Don't blame yourself now."

"Why wouldn't I? Do you think she'll even listen to me talk less of taking a step forward with our plan. If I don't make her stop all the processes now we'll end up being the ones messed. I fear it, Areeba" he gulped.

"Oh C'mon dear. Don't tell me you're panicking. This isn't my man, this isn't the man I know. The one I know is brave, fearless, intrepid, and all. He doesn't panic on little issues. C'mon, don't disappoint me" She brushed her fingers against his knuckles and he sighed.

"I wish not to but seriously this is getting me all confused and hooked up and I don't know why. I have a slight feeling that it wouldn't turn out well. Do you?"

"You're being pessimistic love. Don't be. Not now, please"

"And you're being too optimistic. Let's not get all our hopes highly raised. We don't know her side. She might be against it too or might be willing to engage in it. We don't know. Let's not get all our hopes whizzed with our egos"

She chuckled, "Ok, I do understand you. Now, can we get to it?"

He brushed his fingers against his temples, sighing in frustration. His forehead formed into a V shape and his jawline straightened. "Areeba I can't get myself into this. It's very risky more than you can imagine it to be. It's like risking our own love and sacrificing our lives, and I'm not ready for such."

"Oh. Don't be paranoid. Nothing is going to happen, I do pray. We have to face what's approaching us and don't let us be coward. We can do it and we'll definitely do it. Let's be confident, Uhm?" Her brows rose with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"You sure?"

She nodded with a smile creeping the corner of her lips. "Now, brush away this side of yours. When you look grumpy you look cute and whenever you look cute, you affix me closer to you and now isn't the time, we have to finish that first. Now get up and go. Smile because I wouldn't want her to see what's mine. It's mine alone. Okay?"

"Why is it that you always get your ways to make me do things I don't wish to. You still have your little impact on me that doesn't want to go against you. You're mysterious"

She titled her head to the side, laughing. "I ain't mysterious darling. I'm just part of you, that's why."

"I see" he nodded his head with a smile. "I don't want to leave your sight"

"Now don't be stubborn, I'll be okay. Go, we might run out of time" she flutters her lashes at him.

"Now, you wouldn't want me to go if you're acting such way" he groaned exiting the car and she laughed, mischievously.