Chapter 13 | SEALED

We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.

Khalil Gibran

☆☆☆

"Lina you have two new emails" Ommata stated as she was going through Lina's system "one from Quora Digest and the other from..Uhm..yes from Vee Arts Collaboration." She stated after trying to figure out the first word.

"Really?" Lina asked happily as she exited her closet after changing into her pyjamas and walk over her bed plopping beside Ommata.

"Let me see." Lina says and Ommata turn the system to her view. Excitedly, she open the email as she began to read it in her mind. After some minutes she look up at Ommata with a huge grin on her face.

"I'm going for an interview in two days time!" She exclaimed jumping on her bed and Ommata joined her.

"You did it chocolate bar!" Ommata clasped her hands with a toothy grin.

"Well, I haven't done anything yet Ommata. I only made it to the interview and I might be rejected on the way." She stated in a matter of fact and Ommata nodded.

"Yes, it might happen but deep down inside of me I have a hope, a hope of you winning, you my crayfish." She stated once again jumping and punching the air.

"Ommata please calm down. Just pray for me and In Shaa Allah we shall win. Ya Rahman! I feel like flying over the tulips."

As they both heard a knock on the door, they both turn looking at the door.

"Come in Ms Amrah" Lina stated as she already knew it's Ms Amrah because no one will knock on their door at that hour. Well, no one was even at home except for the four of them.

Turning the doorknob, Ms Amrah appeared from the other side with her broad smile as usual.

She actually doesn't frown.

"Do you need anything my dearest?" She asked allowing herself into the room.

"No Ms Amrah. We're about to sleep."

"Not even a cuppa or coffee?" She added.

"Oh Ms Amrah you actually wouldn't want us to wake up tomorrow with stomach ache. After a full plate of Pasta and sausage and also a bowl of cereal and now you're offering us tea and coffee. I don't think I have a single space for air in my stomach" Ommata stated patting her full belly.

"Oh dear Omma! You didn't even finish your cereal."

"No Ms Amrah you are not allowed to call me that, only my crayfish can call me Omma." She smiled at Lina and in return Lina rolled her eyes.

"You idiot" Ommata smack her arm "I'm here praising you and you're busy rolling your eyes at me."

"Ms Amrah we don't need anything, thank you." Lina stated smiling at Ms Amrah brushing away Ommata's yelling.

"OK. Good night girls."

"Good night Ms Amrah." They stated in unison sounding more of teenagers and they both laughed turning off their lights.

"I miss our sleepovers back then." Ommata stated turning on her back.

"Same here dear. I missed you of all."

"Love you more. Goodnight girl."

"Goodnight Omma."

☆☆☆

"Lina what the heck! Will you get that phone of yours away from my face or not?" Ommata shouted grumbling as Lina didn't take a step back from snapping a sleepy head Ommata.