Chapter 42 | DEPRESSED

Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness

Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.

Jose N. Harris

☆☆☆

Khaldun parked his car beside Lina's before he pulled his key from the ignition hole. His gaze rested on her car. The one single thought that had been bothering him for days was he only able to fathom it today. Anytime he saw her car, an image of her settles at his mind and he knew it wasn't just for the car being there, definitely there was a connection he wasn't able to place his finger on, not until today.

He got out from his car before circling to the front of her's. He stared into the car through the windscreen. There was alot about the car from within than just from a single glance from outside. That was how Lina's life is. At first glimpse, one can summarise her life to be carefree, jovial and straightforward but through her eyes, it held hundreds of unfathomable emotions. Even though she seems a little bit opaque, one can easily understand that she's facing a lot.

And that was the connectivity he was only able to point out today.

He sighed - an attitude he's used to in these few days - before he matched towards the entrance. He slightly changed his expressionless mood and a little smile appeared at the edge of his lips, only for the sake of the sick soul he left behind. It wasn't that he like his mood swings nowadays but situations forced him to be. And above all he was the cause of her illness. He'd have to learn how to be a little subtle towards her. He reprimanded himself.

Pushing aside the thoughts of her that seems to be popping up in his mind so frequently, he searched his pocket for the keys. He was tired and weary from the day plus the little heat embracing the atmosphere, he needed some rest. When he wasn't able to get the keys, he searched the other pocket and he hissed when he couldn't get it. God damn it! Did he forgot his keys in his room? Great! Just great. Now he'll have to ring the door bell and wait till his spouse is able to make it to the door.

He pressed the bell twice at a time before he rest his frame to the wall of the living room beside him. Had it been the awning wasn't there, he couldn't imagine how he'll withstand the sun rays. The melodic sound of the doorbell vanished and yet the door wasn't opened. He pressed it again, with great force. He hissed again. At first he was trying to be lenient that he even had to suppress his weariness and plaster a smile to his face but no he can no more control his anger back. He was losing control.

As he was trying to press it again, he heard some shuffling from within so he resist from doing so. In seconds the door bolted open and the figure standing by the door made him flinched. She was the last person he'd expected to see there. A little sweat trickle down to his chin.

"Mama?" He stated in a questioning tone.

Wafa stared into Khaldun's condensed eyes with a raised eyebrow, giving him a you-owe-me-an-explanation look. She moved a bit without answering him, giving him a passage. Reluctantly, he moved inside the living room with his eyes downcast. He knew he wouldn't be at ease if he didn't explain everything to her.